Thread: canon 50d battery grip

Default canon 50d battery grip

Hi,

I have some few concerns and question, coz i bought a 2nd hand battery grip from
    on of the clubsnap member and just notice some few things when i try to use the
    grip from my 6months old 50d and this is the first time i use and try the grip

a. since i only have one battery and as stated it can still run using one battery
    on the grip? I just used the right side slot of the battery and when i turn it on
    it works

b.when i use to try to take a shot using the grip via FULL AUTO mode try to press
    1/2 click then auto focus works and flash pop and initial fire but when i continue to
    press down the shutter button it doesn't take a shot. This is what i notice but when
    I do try it again it auto focus then take the shot it works on the grip.

I just notice that when the first time I turn on or insert the battery on the battery grip
    the camera battery grip doesn't take a shot but the succeeding try it works already.
    Is it normal or something wrong with the grip or need to do some settings?

Need some help and advice

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by izeman13; 28th December 2010 at 11:42 PM.

Default Re: canon 50d battery grip

Quote Originally Posted by izeman13 View Post
    Hi,

I have some few concerns and question, coz i bought a 2nd hand battery grip from
    on of the clubsnap member and just notice some few things when i try to use the
    grip from my 6months old 50d and this is the first time i use and try the grip

a. since i only have one battery and as stated it can still run using one battery
    on the grip? I just used the right side slot of the battery and when i turn it on
    it works

b.when i use to try to take a shot using the grip via FULL AUTO mode try to press
    1/2 click then auto focus works and flash pop and initial fire but when i continue to
    press down the shutter button it doesn't take a shot. This is what i notice but when
    I do try it again it auto focus then take the shot it works on the grip.

I just notice that when the first time I turn on or insert the battery on the battery grip
    the camera battery grip doesn't take a shot but the succeeding try it works already.
    Is it normal or something wrong with the grip or need to do some settings?

Need some help and advice

Thanks a lot.
    A. Yes it works with just one battery
    B. Under what condition did you half-press? If it's low light, perhaps on the first try it was still trying to focus (hunting in low-light issue).
    Canon EOS 6D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | 50mm f/1.4 HSM | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

Actually I try it in my room last night maybe because my room has low light condition. Is it really normally when using a grip
    or also using the main shutter button on the camera. Because this is the first time I use the battery grip just wondering
    on the first half press I saw actually the AF points blink and my lens autofocus already but when I continue to push down
    the shutter button on the grip it didn't take a shot but on the second auto focus when i half press and continue to take
    the shot it works. Because I thought once you half press and the AF points already blink and lens already autofocus you
    can already take a shot right away/ Anyway I will try this morning see whether it will be the same. But if I have a good
    ambient of light it should work right?
    Last edited by izeman13; 29th December 2010 at 07:37 AM.

Actually I try it in my room last night maybe because my room has low light condition. Is it really normally when using a grip
    or also using the main shutter button on the camera. Because this is the first time I use the battery grip just wondering
    on the first half press I saw actually the AF points blink and my lens autofocus already but when I continue to push down
    the shutter button on the grip it didn't take a shot but on the second auto focus when i half press and continue to take
    the shot it works. Because I thought once you half press and the AF points already blink and lens already autofocus you
    can already take a shot right away/ Anyway I will try this morning see whether it will be the same. But if I have a good
    when ur AF dot blinks means it couldn't focus on the subject please read up ur camera manual on AF lock sigh....
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

Hunting in low-light has got nothing to do with your battery grip =)
    Canon EOS 6D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | 50mm f/1.4 HSM | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

Blog Entries

Switch to manual focus and try again.

Hi guys its working now. Thanks for all of your response. Now I didnt removed the grip from the body, I suspect only the first attached
    of the grip and first power on or either I'm in a low light room last night when I test it, but when I turn it on now it works fine already.