Thread: Nikon promotion

Default Nikon promotion

Just found out that the Nikon promotion for it's DSLR range of tripod , memory card etc etc will be ending on 31st December.

I would only be able to purchase my DSLR after January . Was wondering if shops would offer similar promotions on their own accord or not ? and will the prices differ ?

Default Re: Nikon promotion

All those freebies are useless . . . get a better price and you can get better tripod etc . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    All those freebies are useless . . . get a better price and you can get better tripod etc . . .
    U mind elaborating ? Be abit more specific . I'm getting the D90 so many u can give me some guidance on what to purchase after the lense kit ?

just get your kit lens and try your 1st few shot 1st.
    from then on u will know wat kinda of photo u will fall in.
    dun worry abt it now.

I think what weegk means is that you can go to a camera shop anytime (not the megastores like Courts, HN), pay the street price and use the spare cash to invest in better accessories from the start.

I just feel very turned off by that fact that I've to go purchase my own memory card and tripod . Tripod is important as I would be doing night shots on a very frequent basis .

Any recommendations for a tripod budget is only $120 . I'm just starting out .

Quote Originally Posted by iMluke View Post
    I just feel very turned off by that fact that I've to go purchase my own memory card and tripod . Tripod is important as I would be doing night shots on a very frequent basis .

memory card will definitely be given as a freebie to u even when the promo's over.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

I personally think that if you need to do night shots on a very frequent basis then you should invest a good tripod for long term and i just got myself a tripod + head for $400++
    "Enjoy the fun of photography :)"

Fancier 6662A has been kind to me, no complaints so far for its price point. cost me $65 @ sgcamerastore.

Sirui Tripod is recommended for you.
    http://www.zssirui.com/en/products.h...roName=T-2004X

You may check with TK Photo at Funan for the new price. Alternatively, you may go to the 2nd hand market at B&S section.

I know the price is more than $120. It is wise to invest on a proper tripod, as this is your long-time investment.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)