Thread: Caplio GX Pro

Question Caplio GX Pro

Hi everyone...I'm looking around for a new camera and came across this Caplio GX Pro which is a new camera I suppose. It cost $888...is it advisable to buy this?

Specs:

5.13 Megapixels CCD
    28-85mm Wide Angle Optical Zoom
    4x Digital zoom
    Large 1.8 inch LCD
    Full Metal Body
    Aperature & Shutter Speed Control
    Movie with Sound
    1cm Marcos
    AA Battery or Lithium-ion Battery
    "World's Fastest Shutter Response" - 0.12 secs

As for my budget...I'm only earning a NSF private rank pay...so this is quite suitable for my budget. But is this camera good enough for a newbie like me? Man I need to get away from my Nikon AF 200...

Thanks ~

w00t.. Where did you see this camera from? Maybe can provide us with the link.. ( i myself wanna see the design.. haha )

Hmm, first question, what are you gonna use this camera for? ( don't tell me to take pictures. Duh.)

hmm, I saw this cam in chinatown last week. tried it, must admit the startup is pretty impressive (compared to my slow-coach Oly C5050). LCD has decent sharpness.
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

I saw it at Chinatown last week. Yes, it comes with free gifts which is worth $428. A case, Lithium Battery & charger, Big tripod, SD Card Reader, SD Card 256MB.

I found a website on it: http://www.photographyblog.com/comme...d=2528_0_1_0_C

OzOn3: Hm...of course I want it to take photos...but my preference of phototaking would be cityscapes. If you had noticed my earlier posts which I took with a Nikon AF 200.

*Pardon my ignorance...but whats the difference between a 28-85mm opt zoom and a 3x opt zoom?
    Last edited by Hasegawa_Takumi; 6th July 2004 at 10:19 PM.

3 x 28mm = 84mm

wha, private pay not a lot right? you sure you willing to spend $888(no doubt nice number ar) on a camera??

You might wanna give the canon A70/75/80 a check.. cause they're relatively cheaper, and their lens are wider, which is preferable for cityscape pictures..

you dun really need fast start up time for cityscape, right?? heh..

Meaning 3x opt zoom is the same thing as 28-85mm opt zoom?

Hm...not sure leh...cox as a newbie I don't really noe which camera is suitable. OzOn3, does the cameras you list come with free gifts? At least I can save a bit on tripods...

Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    You might wanna give the canon A70/75/80 a check.. cause they're relatively cheaper, and their lens are wider, which is preferable for cityscape pictures..
    canon a70/75/80 is only 35mm at the widest angle setting, surely not wider than the 28mm of the caplio gx.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by Hasegawa_Takumi
    I saw it at Chinatown last week. Yes, it comes with free gifts which is worth $428. A case, Lithium Battery & charger, Big tripod, SD Card Reader, SD Card 256MB...
    must be the same offer I saw.

I guess OzOn3 does have a point there. Are you really willing to spend $$$ on this?
    some canon offers http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fu...=midyear_promo
    Last edited by petaflopz; 7th July 2004 at 01:28 AM.
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

so anyone got a ricoh digicam?

I was quoted $700+ for the camera alone.