Thread: Look out for your food!!

Default Look out for your food!!

My 1st post in critique corner =) here goes..

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    The moment of the capture (did i capture the moment fit for the title?), composition and exposure

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    To convey that the monkey is really serious about having the leftovers for himself.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Coming out from Underwater World and chance upon a monkey jumping from tables to tables to clear up leftovers.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    Personally i feel this is 1 of the better shots taken on the monkey, just not sure is this gd enough.

Default Re: Look out for your food!!

IMHO I think the moment is well captured with the monkey ready to pounce. However, I think it would be a better idea if you show the frontal view of the monkey, including food on the table that its intending to leap towards too. This will tell the story better. The focus is on the hands of the monkey, would have been better if it was on the monkey's eyes. The person standing behind poses as a distraction for viewers. I do have to agree, sometimes under such circumstances, you won't have much time to think before taking the shot, especially when you know the monkey isn't going to hang around long. With this shot, I think you can improve it at this point of time by cropping tighter, placing the face of the monkey on the top left thirds of the frame. Good attempt though
    Last edited by Override2Zion; 27th December 2010 at 07:28 PM.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Thanx for the comment will take note of the pointers

Blog Entries

May I suggest that it would be great if u can include something where the monkey is looking at? That way, perhaps the viewer need not wonder what is the monkey looking at and if it is indeed food then it would be self-explanatory I suppose.