Thread: LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D3100

Default LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D3100

Hi all,

I've been looking for an LCD Screen Protector for my D3100, and I'm not too sure what to get. Most of my friends prefer the film type just to prevent scratches, but looking around the forum, I've seen some people's preferences leaning towards those plastic/glass types (GGS? Is that what it's called?) that not only prevent scratches but provide some absorbing of the impact towards the LCD Screen.

May I know which is better? Frankly speaking, I'm not the most gentle or careful person here, and I don't want to end up with a cracked LCD Screen. However, are the plastic/glass types necessary? Thanks!
    | Nikon D3100 |

Default Re: LCD Screen Protector for Nikon D3100

I'm not sure if the D3100 has a mount around the screen for the hard type protectors. Either way, you should be able to get them at any of the photography stores like SLR Revo, MS Color, Cathay Photo, etc.
    Alpha

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...light=hercules

no stock yet for d3100 stock will arrive 2 weeks from now
    D3100

Quote Originally Posted by snookerum View Post
    Hi all,

I've been looking for an LCD Screen Protector for my D3100, and I'm not too sure what to get. Most of my friends prefer the film type just to prevent scratches, but looking around the forum, I've seen some people's preferences leaning towards those plastic/glass types (GGS? Is that what it's called?) that not only prevent scratches but provide some absorbing of the impact towards the LCD Screen.

May I know which is better? Frankly speaking, I'm not the most gentle or careful person here, and I don't want to end up with a cracked LCD Screen. However, are the plastic/glass types necessary? Thanks!
    I got the plastic hard type one (hercules brand de)... better to be kiasu a bit... my $0.02
    Noob with Canon 550D w 18-135mm + Instax Mini 50S