Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to DSLR world

Default Re: New to DSLR world

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    Hi there. you're lucky.. i asked the same question and got f-ed by these people here.

from experience, it's best to go down to the retailers to try it out. Don't discount the Sony A33 from your list. hehehe. (Note: i'm nt a sony fan boy, i'm a new user myself. i'm just saying from my experience of using this camera)
    Same old 'USE THE SEARCH BUTTON' firing down eh?
    Canon EOS 6D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | 50mm f/1.4 HSM | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

Blog Entries

LOL !! after 7.5 years ... from Canon 300D days until now and you're still trying to figure out which cam to get ?

It actually made a difference in those early DSLR days because there were gaps in technology among the various manufacturers..... but not nowadays.... everyone's about neck and neck on the tech front

Throw a dart.... u cant go far wrong on where it lands

best of luck !
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Rawbeansta View Post
    Same old 'USE THE SEARCH BUTTON' firing down eh?
    no no.. it's a friendly advise based on experience.. hehe. go to the shop, snap a shot. there you have it. might want to zoom in on the photo to judge the noise level..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Personally i've used both Cameras for shoots. Tried the D5000 first (my gf's brother's cam) and the 550D (short while,friend's cam)
    Having been a user of none, I found the 550D more user friendly. ISO, F-stop and shutter speed easily changed. D5000, u have to go into the menu to change the ISO.

Picture quality i found the 550D sharper and clearer thus i chose the 550D.

Hope I didn't offend anyone and i hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ehwhatthe View Post
    Personally i've used both Cameras for shoots. Tried the D5000 first (my gf's brother's cam) and the 550D (short while,friend's cam)
    Having been a user of none, I found the 550D more user friendly. ISO, F-stop and shutter speed easily changed. D5000, u have to go into the menu to change the ISO.

The 550D is a new cam that's very good for its price.

Quote Originally Posted by ehwhatthe View Post

Sounds like the picture was only viewed on the LCD screen to me...
    Last edited by chillicutter; 30th December 2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typo error

Wow! Didn't expect so many replies!
    However, thank you all! Still have not decide which to buy. But I'm not in a hurry to get 1. So I will read up, read up, read up....
    Now looking at D7000 & 60D...hehehe...

completely different class and price range from earlier post . I buy my 550D because budget constraint.
    My first choice would be D7000, if budget is not too tight, you'd find in 4-5 reviews said D7000 > 60D

Tried my friend's D7000, i can't find ISO and shutter speed info in viewfiender, this is in P mode, maybe i miss it.
    Canon 550D | Tamron 17-50 F/2.8 non VC | Tamron 18-270 PZD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12