Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 171

Thread: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

  1. #101

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    a tip for u guys. go up the shears bridge instead. u can go up from suntec.

    fireworks, u must shoot from far so smoke will be less visible.

    btw, anyone know if vivo that side will have fireworks?
    The footway along Benjamin Sheares Bridge will also be closed to the public from 6.00 pm on 31 December 2010 to 1.00 am on 1 January 2011 due to public safety concerns (e.g. overcrowding).

    http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2010/10122..._countdown.htm

    My initial plan was to go to Sheares Bridge...

  2. #102
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    MBS too crowded?

    there is elsewhere for fireworks!

    http://livinginsingaporetoday.com/13...party-to-2011/


  3. #103
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    MBS too crowded?

    there is elsewhere for fireworks!

    http://livinginsingaporetoday.com/13...party-to-2011/

    I agree that there are fireworks elsewhere in SG, the only difference is the size of the fireworks display.

  4. #104
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    I agree that there are fireworks elsewhere in SG, the only difference is the size of the fireworks display.
    size doesn't matters

  5. #105

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy View Post
    The footway along Benjamin Sheares Bridge will also be closed to the public from 6.00 pm on 31 December 2010 to 1.00 am on 1 January 2011 due to public safety concerns (e.g. overcrowding).

    http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2010/10122..._countdown.htm

    My initial plan was to go to Sheares Bridge...
    so far the only blockade made known is Benjamin Sheares Bridge?

    the rest should be still accessible right?

  6. #106
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    size doesn't matters
    Hee hee, tell that to the lady..

  7. #107

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    what about camping at the flyover near the 'East Coast Parkway'? if not mistaken, there is pedestrian walkway there. probably not so crowded?

  8. #108

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by wyxyz View Post
    what about camping at the flyover near the 'East Coast Parkway'? if not mistaken, there is pedestrian walkway there. probably not so crowded?
    But that walkway so close to MBS... should be rather crowded bah... How bout ECP itself? It has a tiny pedestrian path as well, right?
    EOS 60D|55-250 IS|70-200 F2.8 OS EX|17-50 F2.8 VC|Di866 Pro

  9. #109

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkw12345 View Post
    But that walkway so close to MBS... should be rather crowded bah... How bout ECP itself? It has a tiny pedestrian path as well, right?
    yah, i'm talking about that one. coz its a highway. don't think people will walk all the way there to catch a glimpse of fireworks? im sure every photographers would enjoy the quietness of photo taking the fireworks. haha.

  10. #110

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by wyxyz View Post
    yah, i'm talking about that one. coz its a highway. don't think people will walk all the way there to catch a glimpse of fireworks? im sure every photographers would enjoy the quietness of photo taking the fireworks. haha.
    The view is not the nicest but it is a quiet place. Need a telephoto lens to shoot the fireworks.

  11. #111
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by wyxyz View Post
    yah, i'm talking about that one. coz its a highway. don't think people will walk all the way there to catch a glimpse of fireworks? im sure every photographers would enjoy the quietness of photo taking the fireworks. haha.
    Sorry to disappoint you guys, I have shoot from there before. Vibration is not a problem but the fireworks at the level portion will be blocked.
    You will have a narrow angle of the fireworks which means overlapping fireworks.

  12. #112

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Still haven't decide on where to pitch our tripods?

  13. #113

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Will shooting from mbs be good or is it going to be too far?

    What about shooting from the merlion?

    Or shooting from the durian still the best?

    Please advise seniors, newbie here...
    Nikon d3100, NIKKOR ( 10-24mm, 17-55mm, 50mm f/1.4G, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR ii)

  14. #114

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by bkkoo78 View Post
    Will shooting from mbs be good or is it going to be too far?

    What about shooting from the merlion?

    Or shooting from the durian still the best?

    Please advise seniors, newbie here...
    The problem is, we have to start queuing very early ..

  15. #115
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by bkkoo78 View Post
    Will shooting from mbs be good or is it going to be too far?

    What about shooting from the merlion?

    Or shooting from the durian still the best?

    Please advise seniors, newbie here...
    Not a senior here but there is no too far if you are around the marina bay, just not wide enough.
    From the marina bay update, its another compass rose meaning all around the bay.
    The centre stage is still the middle of the bay and fireworks at MBS, Esplanade and the CBD.
    Anywhere is fine if you manage to find a place to deploy your tripod.
    The night wind is NE so prolly best to avoid the downwind location.

  16. #116

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    The problem is, we have to start queuing very early ..
    Sorry, you are not really answering my question,

    Want to know where would a better place to shoot from.

    No offense...
    Nikon d3100, NIKKOR ( 10-24mm, 17-55mm, 50mm f/1.4G, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR ii)

  17. #117

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    Not a senior here but there is no too far if you are around the marina bay, just not wide enough.
    From the marina bay update, its another compass rose meaning all around the bay.
    The centre stage is still the middle of the bay and fireworks at MBS, Esplanade and the CBD.
    Anywhere is fine if you manage to find a place to deploy your tripod.
    The night wind is NE so prolly best to avoid the downwind location.
    Thanks for the info...

    You mean the wind is coming from ne or towards ne?
    Nikon d3100, NIKKOR ( 10-24mm, 17-55mm, 50mm f/1.4G, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR ii)

  18. #118
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by bkkoo78 View Post
    Sorry, you are not really answering my question,

    Want to know where would a better place to shoot from.

    No offense...
    Ok, let me help him out.
    We dunno where.
    Only clue is to go there and checkout how are the launch pad aligned.
    Shoot along the middle of the launch pad with your wide angle lens or whatever lens you have.
    You have to know how wide your lens can cover to know where to position yourself.
    So we dunno what is better place to shoot as every position gives a different picture as with every click.

    Choose a upwind location since wind is blowing from NE, use a compass to find.

  19. #119

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    Ok, let me help him out.
    We dunno where.
    Only clue is to go there and checkout how are the launch pad aligned.
    Shoot along the middle of the launch pad with your wide angle lens or whatever lens you have.
    You have to know how wide your lens can cover to know where to position yourself.
    So we dunno what is better place to shoot as every position gives a different picture as with every click.

    Choose a upwind location since wind is blowing from NE, use a compass to find.
    Thanks... Understand where you coming from. Appreciate it.
    Nikon d3100, NIKKOR ( 10-24mm, 17-55mm, 50mm f/1.4G, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR ii)

  20. #120

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    I would like to ask if Nikon D300s and Canon EOS 550D remote is compatible?
    EOS 550D | Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 Non-Vc
    Flickr

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •