Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 171

Thread: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    39

    Default taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Hi Seniors,

    any of guys going to shoot the firework display on 31st Dec...??? pls let me know, I will join along....
    EOS 7D+BG-E7 Battery pack, 15-85mm kit lens, Benro A-300EX...
    my Flickr.

  2. #2

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by semino View Post
    Hi Seniors,

    any of guys going to shoot the firework display on 31st Dec...??? pls let me know, I will join along....
    hey im going down too... wad time u heading down?

  3. #3

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    I will be at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818219.
    After the outing i will continue to take some fireworks.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    I will be there too, but I don't think I will be sitting in the crowd from 5pm onwards.
    Last year's experience is really bad being packed like sardine and going to the loo is almost impossible.

    I will just use a tall tripod and a portable stool this year.

    Maybe if this thread roll bigger we might find kindred hearts to share our passion for photography during this wait.

  5. #5
    Member willdoang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    east, near dakota MRT
    Posts
    1,554

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    i'll camp for spot around marina bay for this year i guess
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by willdoang View Post
    i'll camp for spot around marina bay for this year i guess
    Cheers

  7. #7

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Any idea what time will the fireworks start?
    I am going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

  8. #8

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    was thinking where to go for better spot...
    Nikon D60|D7000|MB-D11|18-55VR|18-105VR|55-200VR|50 F1.8|Di866
    http://**********/u2jTNE

  9. #9

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyOng View Post
    was thinking where to go for better spot...
    I should be going...

    That grass patch in front of the Sail shouldn't be so crowded ( I think)
    Unless they hv some carnival there or smthing...
    EOS 60D|55-250 IS|70-200 F2.8 OS EX|17-50 F2.8 VC|Di866 Pro

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by monktian View Post
    Any idea what time will the fireworks start?
    My friend, you crack me up. Haha.
    Ok, back to the question it is 12 midnight as it's to countdown to the new year.
    You will see more foreigners especially Indians than Singaporeans gather around the bay to see.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not racial but being factual.
    Last year's record is an estimated 60k people around the whole bay but I'm not sure about this year.
    Even area around the Sail might be packed too unless you have friends living in the Sail.
    Tim, where are you???
    Anyway, for those kindred souls please plan carefully where you intend to camp as the police blockade will be in effect at 6pm onwards.
    Going out for a quick release might just mean an hour walk.

  11. #11

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    My friend, you crack me up. Haha.
    Ok, back to the question it is 12 midnight as it's to countdown to the new year.
    You will see more foreigners especially Indians than Singaporeans gather around the bay to see.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not racial but being factual.
    Last year's record is an estimated 60k people around the whole bay but I'm not sure about this year.
    Even area around the Sail might be packed too unless you have friends living in the Sail.
    Tim, where are you???
    Anyway, for those kindred souls please plan carefully where you intend to camp as the police blockade will be in effect at 6pm onwards.
    Going out for a quick release might just mean an hour walk.
    Haiz... So Sail also no-go liao...? D:
    EOS 60D|55-250 IS|70-200 F2.8 OS EX|17-50 F2.8 VC|Di866 Pro

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkw12345 View Post
    Haiz... So Sail also no-go liao...? D:
    The good places are either taken up by hardcore shooters who camp there super early or places which are not that accessible to the general public.
    Any kind soul have kan tao for good places where access is limited?
    I don't feel like holding my water again this year.

  13. #13

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    The good places are either taken up by hardcore shooters who camp there super early or places which are not that accessible to the general public.
    Any kind soul have kan tao for good places where access is limited?
    I don't feel like holding my water again this year.
    Urhh.. what does 'kan tao' mean =.="
    EOS 60D|55-250 IS|70-200 F2.8 OS EX|17-50 F2.8 VC|Di866 Pro

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkw12345 View Post
    Urhh.. what does 'kan tao' mean =.="
    My bad, it's dialect for "good deal". But I'm not sure if it's kang tao or just kan tao.

  15. #15

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Anyone got kang tao for the construction site behind MBS/ across ECP?

  16. #16

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    My bad, it's dialect for "good deal". But I'm not sure if it's kang tao or just kan tao.
    Ohhh... My bad lah... I'm just terrible at dialects >.<
    EOS 60D|55-250 IS|70-200 F2.8 OS EX|17-50 F2.8 VC|Di866 Pro

  17. #17

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    Anyone got kang tao for the construction site behind MBS/ across ECP?
    Just to clarify, u mean the Gardens by the Bay area? o.O
    EOS 60D|55-250 IS|70-200 F2.8 OS EX|17-50 F2.8 VC|Di866 Pro

  18. #18

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by gkw12345 View Post
    Just to clarify, u mean the Gardens by the Bay area? o.O
    Something like this : http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...5961.716018320

  19. #19

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    'Content not found' I think ur fb privacy setting doesn't allow strangers to view...
    EOS 60D|55-250 IS|70-200 F2.8 OS EX|17-50 F2.8 VC|Di866 Pro

  20. #20

    Default Re: taking photos of fireworks on 31st Dec.

    sure crowded

Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •