Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: qsn about E Quoting of MS

Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

After I bought my D200 body from MSC, i realised the price that I paid actually comes with the kit lens. Tried to reason with them but they said nothing wrong with the price. Tats the last time I visit MSC. This is just my personal experience. The best is to do homework and check out the price with various shops to avoid any unhappy experience.
    D200

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I avoided Cathay ever since they tried to rip me off face-to-face and tried to reject their own e-quote.

MSC, on the other hand, has always given fair and accurate prices... but they prefer a more personal touch. Nothing beats the deals you'll get from going there and chit-chatting with florence.
    I'd have to agree with Rashkae here.

Although the eQuote I got from MSC was marginally higher than Cathay, I got my lens from MSC in the end cos the service provided (to me at least) was far far better. The "chit-chat" was invaluable cos they taught me how to service my gear for free - advice that, otherwise, could have led to a very messy and possibly damaging attempt.

Yeah, Florence answers the eQuotes and if she's overseas, or is very busy like X'mas period, it may take a while.

Blog Entries

The usual disclaimer is so true.

"Individual experience may vary..."

Quote Originally Posted by AnsQ View Post
    yah...usually e-quotes are cheaper

MS Color usually takes a while to reply. Sometimes Florence is not around and you won't get any replies at all.

If it is so, it is surely a very very long while!! I asked for e-qoute from them in 3rd week of Nov 10. I already got my DSLR elsewhere and have been shooting thousand of shoot already. I have written MS off already. I thought the service was good from some past thread in this forum, but the experience I have, the 1st encounter with them, was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by HgC33Snapper View Post
    If it is so, it is surely a very very long while!! I asked for e-qoute from them in 3rd week of Nov 10. I already got my DSLR elsewhere and have been shooting thousand of shoot already. I have written MS off already. I thought the service was good from some past thread in this forum, but the experience I have, the 1st encounter with them, was disappointing.
    Did you call them and talk to them directly? People on here seem to think that e-quotes are the #1 way to get prices from every shop out there. They are not. CP has the e-quote business model, but MSC does not. If you call MSC or talk to florence, you'll get a better price than what CP gives in e-quotes. SLR revo works best via call or walk-in.

You need to learn what works best for what shop and adjust accordingly.
    Alpha

the e-quote i get for 60D is $30-50 different from walk in. somemore with additional freebies.
    Canon Body:60D Glass:18-200mm, 50mm(1.8), 85mm (1.8), 8-16mm Light: 580 EX II.

I think with the digital generation/facebook generation, stores like MSC need to be aware and on top of the various channels for sales. Online equotes being one. Its incorrect to say that they should not have any focus or adequate customer service just because someone wants to be contacted online / or via facebook etc.

Thousands if not millions of $$ will be lost if they dont wake up to the digital era. This is from personal experience as my day job is along this line as well...

customer service is customer service, whether walk in/call/email/facebook/ecommerce. Multichannel customer insight and service. That is the next big wave. Sadly, most camera companies in Singapore dont get this..

P.s. MSC has also not responded to any of my 3 requests for equotes. Neither has TK foto through facebook.. The only consistant one is Parissilk !

Ag
    Panny G85+GH3|EPL5|14|20|45|14-42|12-35|14-140|35-100|Metz 50 AF-1

My recent experience with MS Color was a kind of mixed.
    I request for an e-quote online on Xmas Eve, and the next day they responded.
    I have done some price checking after I got my e-quote. I try a few shops, and most of the prices are slightly more expensive, except at Harvey Norman funan, which gives me a slightly more attractive price than MS Color, but they did not include some freebies. In the end, I still decided to get my goods from MS Color. I went there, without a printed copy of my e-quote.
    There was a young lady that insisted I show them the quote. I know I was wrong not to bring the e-quote, but why can't that girl be more flexible ?? I was a bit annoyed.
    So I talk to another uncle. He was quite nice and believe what I say and accept the price I ask for. I was happy with that uncle service and I bought the item.

So I believe it really depends on the individual sales person serving you. I believe it is same for other shops. Lucky for that uncle, or else I would have give the business to Harvey Norman.
    BTW, after I calculate the price of the freebies, Harvey Norman is slightly cheaper. Never mind
    about the price already, just enjoy what I have bought and be happy

Recently had again request e-quote from MSC. 1st one no reply after few days, sent a 2nd one and within few hrs I had 2 replied (including the previous one which is the same request).
    Had also sent a request to CP which waiting for reply from MSC on 1st e-quote. The price stated are bit "lower" but sujected to GST, which mean the price indicated is without GST (to my understanding). So if include GST will be slightly higher and same as MSC, Cash only.

Default re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

Quote Originally Posted by Qasim View Post
    We've used www.socialkik.com to buy a few thousands of fans for multiple facebook pages and they always over delivered on the number of fans that we purchased by up to 30% of extra fans. After the Socialkik campaigns were over, newer visitors to our Facebook page are more willing to become a fan than before, because they see that it's being liked by over 10,000 of other fans.
    sorry, but what has this got to do with the discussion that's ongoing about MS Color?

and... buying thousands of fans?
    I can understand why companies would do such a thing, though the thought kinda offends me.
    Exploring! :)

Default Re: Facebook fans

Quote Originally Posted by Qasim View Post
    We've used www.socialkik.com to buy a few thousands of fans for multiple facebook pages and they always over delivered on the number of fans that we purchased by up to 30% of extra fans. After the Socialkik campaigns were over, newer visitors to our Facebook page are more willing to become a fan than before, because they see that it's being liked by over 10,000 of other fans.
    Lol which planet are you from?

Default Re: Facebook fans

My experience with MSColor has been fine, bought 2 compacts and my current 500D kit from them. I guess is your own personal preference, their services don't suit your tast doesn't mean it doesn't suit others.

Basically I think the e-quotes will have a better price/value and they do honour it. Unless you are in a hurry to buy, give them a bit of time to reply to you. Usually if they have the stock they will reply you, otherwise you would have seek quotations elsewhere.

Service has been good, I walked in trying to buy my dslr like a blur head as I knew nothing at that time and the sales person did not try to rip me off or anything.

Now I buy items from a variety of shops including Parisilk and Tk foto, just compare the prices and see which one is worth to go.

Blog Entries

Did you call them and talk to them directly? People on here seem to think that e-quotes are the #1 way to get prices from every shop out there. They are not. CP has the e-quote business model, but MSC does not. If you call MSC or talk to florence, you'll get a better price than what CP gives in e-quotes. SLR revo works best via call or walk-in.

Not true all the time.

60% of the e-quotes I got from CP are usually at par or cheaper than reported pricings at MSC. Including prices friends got and they know Florence well.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th December 2010 at 01:29 AM.

What good is there to put up an online e-quote for people and not replying? Surely, I know how to get the info I want. But that is not the point I am driving at, ie bad customer service!! Yes, what works best for me - write them off and go for other shop. And I got a good service and good deal. MS should take their e-quote offline!! Anyway, I said again that I have written them off.

Quote Originally Posted by obewan View Post
    My recent experience with MS Color was a kind of mixed.
    I request for an e-quote online on Xmas Eve, and the next day they responded.
    I have done some price checking after I got my e-quote. I try a few shops, and most of the prices are slightly more expensive, except at Harvey Norman funan, which gives me a slightly more attractive price than MS Color, but they did not include some freebies. In the end, I still decided to get my goods from MS Color. I went there, without a printed copy of my e-quote.
    There was a young lady that insisted I show them the quote. I know I was wrong not to bring the e-quote, but why can't that girl be more flexible ?? I was a bit annoyed.
    So I talk to another uncle. He was quite nice and believe what I say and accept the price I ask for. I was happy with that uncle service and I bought the item.

So I believe it really depends on the individual sales person serving you. I believe it is same for other shops. Lucky for that uncle, or else I would have give the business to Harvey Norman.
    BTW, after I calculate the price of the freebies, Harvey Norman is slightly cheaper. Never mind
    about the price already, just enjoy what I have bought and be happy
    I just thought it could be the girl is junior she cannot decide to give you the benefit of the doubt whereas the senior uncle could have the authority to make the decision, no ?

Quote Originally Posted by huatman View Post
    Recently had again request e-quote from MSC. 1st one no reply after few days, sent a 2nd one and within few hrs I had 2 replied (including the previous one which is the same request).
    Had also sent a request to CP which waiting for reply from MSC on 1st e-quote. The price stated are bit "lower" but sujected to GST, which mean the price indicated is without GST (to my understanding). So if include GST will be slightly higher and same as MSC, Cash only.
    From my experience, it takes quite long for the e-quote reply. And if it doesn't come, send again. And to share, sometimes Florence checks email at 12am you can try sending at 11pm! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Not true all the time.

60% of the e-quotes I got from CP are usually at par or cheaper than reported pricings at MSC. Including prices friends got and they know Florence well.
    I was thinking could it be CP know the value of you as a repeating customer and thus gave you better discounts than let's say a newbie like me walking into their stall?

Anyway to be fair I only bought limited stuffs from MSC so maybe higher end stuffs which shop is exactly cheaper may differ too?

Just my thoughts.
    Canon 550D - EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS / EF 50mm f1.8 II
    Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro

Quote Originally Posted by zenix84 View Post

From my experience, it takes quite long for the e-quote reply. And if it doesn't come, send again. And to share, sometimes Florence checks email at 12am you can try sending at 11pm! haha.
    Sometime the reply come fast on same day but sometime slow and need to send again. Ya, notice most of reply I got is at night around midnight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12