Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: qsn about E Quoting of MS

  1. #1

    Default qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Hi everyone im a newbie in this community.

    i have a question regarding the E Quote of M S Color Services.
    do they always quote lower in the E Quote compared to when you walk into shop?
    ytd when i did the E Quote, they quoted me $665 for powershot sx 30. but when i walked in to their shop, the quoted me $680 after asking if price could be lowered. so isit recommended that we should always do E Quote to get the best deal?

  2. #2

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    well, you could ask for an equote, print it.
    then walk in, and get another quote, and if the price is higher than the equote, produce the printed eqoute, and they should honour it, if it's within the equote is still within the valid period.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    I guess it depend on the salesperson. To be safe, just bring the equote along and show it when necessary.

  4. #4

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    i always print the e-quote and bring it with me when i buy my stuffs from MS.

    e-quotes are generally lower than the walk-in prices.

  5. #5

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Hi, how long does it take for ms to reply e-quote? I send twice but no replied.

  6. #6

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    I usually get a reply within 2 - 3 days from MS.

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by Zedge View Post
    Hi, how long does it take for ms to reply e-quote? I send twice but no replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treetrunk View Post
    I usually get a reply within 2 - 3 days from MS.
    I sent 2 request for quotes 2 years ago. I still have not gotten a reply.

  8. #8
    Member digisheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    140

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    My experience with them is that e-quote is always cheaper... Most of the time, they will reply to your request for e-quote. And i feel that the time which they don't reply are the time when they don't have stock for the item... When the stocks have arrived and your RFQ is not too long ago, they will reply and let u know...

  9. #9

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    i've requested e-quote from them before, and they are quite fast to respond.

  10. #10
    Member voxies09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    651

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Sometime few hours, sometime few days. For anything urgent better call them
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

  11. #11
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I sent 2 request for quotes 2 years ago. I still have not gotten a reply.
    coz they know you're a notti boy?
    hehehe


    Yeah i found them to be a bit 'hit and miss'. Perhaps only 1 or 2 persons are doing the replies. When they are away/busy at the time of receiving the email request, then the backlog accumulates and your mail gets ignored.
    Have received a reply within a few hours. Have also been 'ignored' indefinitely
    Exploring! :)

  12. #12
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    coz they know you're a notti boy?
    hehehe


    Yeah i found them to be a bit 'hit and miss'. Perhaps only 1 or 2 persons are doing the replies. When they are away/busy at the time of receiving the email request, then the backlog accumulates and your mail gets ignored.
    Have received a reply within a few hours. Have also been 'ignored' indefinitely
    Cathay on the other hand has responded to my request for quotes every time without fail. And with very very good pricings too.

    There is a reason why I stopped buying at MSC.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Cathay on the other hand has responded to my request for quotes every time without fail. And with very very good pricings too.

    There is a reason why I stopped buying at MSC.
    Totally, agreed with you. Rather buy from Cathay. Some shop quote you prices in cash term but additional if you pay by NETS or CC. But for Cathay, prices are the same for any mode of payments and inclusive of GST .

  14. #14

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Cathay on the other hand has responded to my request for quotes every time without fail. And with very very good pricings too.

    There is a reason why I stopped buying at MSC.
    I avoided Cathay ever since they tried to rip me off face-to-face and tried to reject their own e-quote.

    MSC, on the other hand, has always given fair and accurate prices... but they prefer a more personal touch. Nothing beats the deals you'll get from going there and chit-chatting with florence.
    Alpha

  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I avoided Cathay ever since they tried to rip me off face-to-face and tried to reject their own e-quote.

    MSC, on the other hand, has always given fair and accurate prices... but they prefer a more personal touch. Nothing beats the deals you'll get from going there and chit-chatting with florence.
    Well, MSC did the same to me what Cathay tried to do the same to you.

    They are all the same. So it depends who tried to do what to who. So far CP has been honest to me and MSC not.

  16. #16

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Well, MSC did the same to me what Cathay tried to do the same to you.

    They are all the same. So it depends who tried to do what to who. So far CP has been honest to me and MSC not.
    Heh. I had the opposite experience. Ah well, all a matter of luck.
    Alpha

  17. #17

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Well, MSC did the same to me what Cathay tried to do the same to you.

    They are all the same. So it depends who tried to do what to who. So far CP has been honest to me and MSC not.
    Same..
    I went to MSC to check our the price for 500D, quoted me around $1100+, but when i went to Cathay, it was 900+

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Cathay on the other hand has responded to my request for quotes every time without fail. And with very very good pricings too.

    There is a reason why I stopped buying at MSC.


    I was not as fortunate as you. I asked MS for a E Quote when I was sourcing for my D7k and received no reply at all. : ( I have written MS off my shopping list.

  19. #19

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    yah...usually e-quotes are cheaper

    MS Color usually takes a while to reply. Sometimes Florence is not around and you won't get any replies at all.

  20. #20
    Member crystal1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Japan, Tokyo
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: qsn about E Quoting of MS

    I sent an e-quote quite a few weeks back regarding several items, till now no reply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •