Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photographers that can't take comments in CS

Thumbs down Photographers that can't take comments in CS

The following post was initially posted as a comment in the P&P section before the Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy) deleted all the thread linking to the 550D outing. After many bros (including myself, dp, bendick) have put our comments on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    Yes, I got to agree, that my shots taken last week was dissapointing. I could have done better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    When comparing to your previous thread -> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=817397

Look like Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy) had delete previous thread (photos taken by the 550D outing), after many bros (including myself) in CS have spent our time and effort commenting on some of the photos and how it could be improve. If my memory serve me well it not only contain shots from the TS (Odyssey-Boy) but by many other members who joined the outing too. Is it also fair to all of their time & hard work to take and process those shots as well. Nor was it fair to Melvin (sgcamerastore) who have sponsored the model and lighting equipment for the 550D outing.

Also in Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy) previous thread -> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...17&postcount=1 there is a famous photographer who is guiding the group during the shoot is it fair to his hardwork too?

No one is an expert overnight, often it's thru posting in forum like CS and get comment and feedback on how to improve the shots do can we learn from each other. IMHO if Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy)can't take the constructive feedback posted in the thread and humbly learn from them he should have just remove his own shots and not the whole thread which contain the time & effort of others as well.

If this is the case, my guess is it a WASTE of all our time to give constructive feedback on future post by Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy) as he only like to hear the good stuff and nothing else.

Default Re: Photographers that can't take comments in CS

Btw, the link above can't be accessed.

I think not only him mah, many photographers post here just to get appraisal only, and can't take any comments, which is a sad thing ...

Merry Christmas !
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Btw, the link above can't be accessed.

I think not only him mah, many photographers post here just to get appraisal only, and can't take any comments, which is a sad thing ...

Merry Christmas !

I know.. the TS (Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy) ) of the threads have deleted all of them after so many bros have posted their suggestion for improvement in them... Some more there are shots posted by other PG too, deleting it is like removing their hard work too.

Also the effort Melvin (sgcamerastore) had spent on preparing the lighting stuff and sponsoring the model for the shoot. IMHO he (Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy) ) had completely wasted their effort.

nothing new.... you have been in cs long enough, you should know mar.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    nothing new.... you have been in cs long enough, you should know mar.
    If it's individual shoot posting I understand.... but this is a group gathering shoot, with other photographers pictures in them. Some more the lighting and models it's sponsored by Melvin (sgcamerastore)

They even have a famous photographer guiding them in their shoot. Granted not all the shots turn out expected.. but it's still the hard work of many parties.. not the TS - Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy) alone.
    Last edited by Anson; 25th December 2010 at 12:53 PM.

who's the famous photographer guiding them?

maybe we can request the moderators to re-instate the posts so that we can have a clearer picture of what happened.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

everyone has their style for crediting those who helped out during the shoot. maybe he's the "preserved" type by not crediting what he or someone claims to be "famous photographer" or the person himself wants to stay behind the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    maybe we can request the moderators to re-instate the posts so that we can have a clearer picture of what happened.
    ahh that will be a good idea bro.. provided the moderators see a need to let others know so that to clear all the doubts?

I also like to know.... but despite how the shots turn out... it still his/her time and effort in guiding the photographer in the gathering shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Bro, is it possible? Missed the time you are the moderator... can always send you a PM for fast response....

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinDestiny View Post
    everyone has their style for crediting those who helped out during the shoot. maybe he's the "preserved" type by not crediting what he or someone claims to be "famous photographer" or the person himself wants to stay behind the scene?
    If the TS - Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy), want to remove his own photos from the thread, it's find with me but not after he ask other photographers to post in the gathering thread and deleting it after many pg have posted on it.
    Last edited by Anson; 25th December 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Honestly speaking, after looking thru his flickr, his shots are not that fantastic.

I also want to know who is that "famous photographer".

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    If the TS - Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy), want to remove his own photos from the thread, it's find with me but not after he ask other photographers to post in the gathering thread and deleting it after many pg have posted on it.
    looks like he forgotten to delete his thread in outing section as well as reviews, buy and sell etc

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Look around you when you go out to shoot sunrise or sunset.

He can be a shadowy figure hovering over you.

Quote Originally Posted by rickymartin View Post
    Honestly speaking, after looking thru his flickr, his shots are not that fantastic.
    Bro... dun get me wrong I am not commenting his picture here. I believe everyone (including myself) started as a newbie in photography and we progress and learn from it.

When I look back in some of my own initial shots posted in CS, they are not good prefect as well. But I am still proud of them as it's my learning process. And if people give constructive comment on them, it's a way of me learning and in most cases I am thankful of it.

What the TS -Jerrold (Odyssey-Boy), did was not only destroying his own posts but other photographers hard work as well. Some more it's a sponsored shoot by Melvin (sgcamerastore) . Do you think it's fair to all parties?

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    wait is Deadpoet.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinDestiny View Post
    looks like he forgotten to delete his thread in outing section as well as reviews, buy and sell etc
    members don't have the permission to edit/ delete their threads/posts in Personal Classifieds and Marketplace
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Not only in CS la.

I once receive a pm from a guy in multiply asking me to comment about his photographs, I quote "he hopes to improve".

When i gave him an honest opinion, it turned into an arguement about "he wasn't concern about the composition/crop because he was focusing on the model expression"", which is 5% of the whole photo and how he was rushing to publish his photo, for some reason he has to publish between 2 - 4 am.

maybe he has decided to concentrate on cars:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast