Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas @ ION

Default Re: Christmas @ ION

I am a professional photographer and I would edit the photo this way. Composition wise, I think it is fine. The tilt and tree is fine, though I won't probably shoot it that way.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by blue_kelvinsg; 28th December 2010 at 03:52 PM.

nb here so my 2cents, thought that your photo is a lil too bright as well. but blue_kelvinsg has already tried to increase the saturation and darken the picture already which makes it even more striking so mayb can increase the shutter by 1 or 2 stop. and like what many of them have already commented, the slanting and the tree is a lil distracting

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kelvinsg View Post
    I am a professional photographer and I would edit the photo this way. Composition wise, I think it is fine. The tilt and tree is fine, though I won't probably shoot it that way.

Wow, pro photographer, what a master piece after your magic touch
    Last edited by kokonut; 28th December 2010 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    tilt dun work for me.

for me a key rule for shooting buildings is that, buildings must look upright and straight. not slanted. no point being artsy fartsy on this cos it will never work for majority of the viewers.
    Yep, didn't work for me too.. Feeling dizzy looking at the 不正 photo..

the after edited photo by blue_kelvinsg looks gd to me. e lights r nicer as not so bright and i can see the whole building of ION.
    the tilt looks fine to me however e tree is blocking the ION building.

i nvr tried to do any tilting landscape shot b4 and i probably won't shoot this way.

Blog Entries

TS got poh-fessional help!

Blog Entries

Damn pro sia.... see already I am so moved, I wanna cry...

Pro on the Help! Oh also please help to straighten the building and cut off the tree on the way back!.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

oh... pro indeed

*face palm*
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

First time I see such a "pro" work, lost for word...
    Last edited by kwttan; 29th December 2010 at 10:01 AM.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
    Wow, pro photographer, what a master piece after your magic touch
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Damn pro sia.... see already I am so moved, I wanna cry...
    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    Pro on the Help! Oh also please help to straighten the building and cut off the tree on the way back!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    oh... pro indeed

*face palm*
    Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    First time I see such a "pro" work, lost for word...
    These cracked me up.

For the pro photog, I just felt the tree is a black piece of mess which disturbs the ion in the frame. However, I am not just not a poh-fessional photog, I'm a newbie. Just sharing my thoughts, please forgive my noob-ness.

Haha exactly! The newly furnished buildings in Orchard like Paragon & Mandarin all the big TVs and ID works got blocked by trees. Damn dun we love those trees?

ha, i sense sarcasm, or am i wrong?

i am definitely not the best here but i photograph for a living full-time, hence the term "professional". or should i use "working" photographer? ha.

personally, the capture is not at its most fantastic. it's definitely not at a comfortable perspective to many but do note that this isn't stock photography where everything has to be in perspective and distortion-free. on a sidenote, i have done stock photography assignments for LTA.

regardless, i'm a post-modernist and i feel that many things are subjective. one man's meat is another man's poison. the photo has an 'interesting' angle but IMHO, it's not a bad photo given proper exposure correction.

ha, i sense sarcasm, or am i wrong?

i am definitely not the best here but i photograph for a living full-time, hence the term "professional". or should i use "working" photographer? ha.

personally, the capture is not at its most fantastic. it's definitely not at a comfortable perspective to many but do note that this isn't stock photography where everything has to be in perspective and distortion-free. on a sidenote, i have done stock photography assignments for LTA.

regardless, i'm a post-modernist and i feel that many things are subjective. one man's meat is another man's poison. the photo has an 'interesting' angle but IMHO, it's not a bad photo given proper exposure correction.

If you take the comments as compliments, then they are. Else if you think they are sarcastic remarks, then they are. You should trust your own judgement as you are a professional photographer.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Again thanks for all your feedback... Oh and special thanks to blue_kelvinsg for taking the time to edit the pic

As I mentioned before, it seems people have different reactions regarding this tilting thing...

One of my friends said that "it's definitely an unconventional angle which could be improved with proper framing"... He added that "people's reactions are actually tied to what they know and what they are used to seeing, plus their individual personalities"... "This wild perspective may appeal more to nonconformists".

Another said "it depends on how you present your image. If you use this type of perspective to compliment a wild ad/page on a magazine then just maybe it might work. But by itself it simply lacks purpose."
    [NOTE: text in quotes copied either from email or chat]

One thing everyone seem to agree on is that bloody unlit tree on the left is a bit distracting LOL

I'm hoping to go back to the spot and take a leveled shot for comparison and also to try shooting a few stops lower than what I have now...
    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123