Thread: Why my pics appears so diff when viewed on my PC vs my Laptop?

Default Why my pics appears so diff when viewed on my PC vs my Laptop?

Was shocked when my friends all commented my pics on Facebook very noisy..washout etc...I asked my wife to check on my PC thinkig my eyes got problem but she says it is ok...

When I double checked on my laptop nearly fainted..the pics so noisy no way anyone sane would post it..

I understand Facebook does lower the resolutions, but I am curious why same pics can appear so diff on 2 screens..

What can I do to ensure what I have on screen is the same as what others viewed on theirs and on my laptop too?

Tx

Default Re: Why my pics appears so diff when viewed on my PC vs my Laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by sci70716 View Post
    Was shocked when my friends all commented my pics on Facebook very noisy..washout etc...I asked my wife to check on my PC thinkig my eyes got problem but she says it is ok...

When I double checked on my laptop nearly fainted..the pics so noisy no way anyone sane would post it..

I understand Facebook does lower the resolutions, but I am curious why same pics can appear so diff on 2 screens..

What can I do to ensure what I have on screen is the same as what others viewed on theirs and on my laptop too?

Tx
    i guess u need to calibrate ur pc's monitor..

i dun haf problems viewing mine on laptop screen n computer monitor.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

not all LCD screens are made the same.
    There are TN, PVA and IPS panels.
    Each kind of panels display colors differently
    and different manufacturer will have it differently as well.
    Even 2 similar LCDs will the same manufactuer, same model, same panel. There could still be a chance that the result it displays is different
    Also, take into consideration, the lighting condition when viewing the LCD.

Calibrating both of your screens would be a good idea, but it won't make the results from both match.

Check the Digital Darkroom section, search for Calibration topic. Without calibration no point editing and judging colours.
    EOS

Screen calibration is the problem, get a caibration kit to ensure what you see is what you actually want it to be like.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Probably because of the compression that FB uses. You can try resizing and optimizing your photos before uploading to FB, that should help. Can do a quick search online for this.

depends on how good your screen is also, plus need calibration

Resize your pics to 800x600 (or there about). It will cause FB to not use much compression resulting in clean and clear pics. I had the same prob as you when uploading pics to fb the first time.
    Last edited by Nashaz; 25th December 2010 at 01:37 PM.

Facebook does a horrible job at compressing pictures. Often, pictures become pixelised after uploading onto Facebook.

Try uploading the same pictures on Flickr, if they still seem undesirable than it's probably the monitor settings and you may need to calibrate it.
    Canon EOS 6D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | 50mm f/1.4 HSM | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM