Thread: Anyone flown Continental airlines to US before?

Default Anyone flown Continental airlines to US before?

Hi all,

I am trying to gather some feedback here regarding Continental flights. One of the options is to take

SG -> Narita (ANA)
    Narita -> Houston (Continental)
    Houston -> Quito (Continental)

Has anyone taken continental airlines before to US and how would you rate the flight (in flight entertainment and leg room) ? I am also thinking of flying SQ to Houston, but there is only 1hr 55 mins connecting time before the Continental flight to Quito takes off, not sure if the connecting time is enough.

Default Re: Anyone flown Continental airlines to US before?

No problem. I just came back from Nevada, USA.

Only can answer your connecting flights question.

My case,

SG to Narita business class

Narita to Los Angelos

Los Angelos to Mc Carran International Airport

connecting flights as low as 45mins. Therefore should not be a problem.

But not to show off or something, if u can afford business class from Narita to US, go for it, cos the long flight might be too tiring and in comfortable. And spending a day in the plane, opt for better food and service, not to forget the seat is the most important
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Most folks avoid US-based airlines like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    No problem. I just came back from Nevada, USA.

Only can answer your connecting flights question.

My case,

SG to Narita business class

Narita to Los Angelos

Los Angelos to Mc Carran International Airport

connecting flights as low as 45mins. Therefore should not be a problem.

But not to show off or something, if u can afford business class from Narita to US, go for it, cos the long flight might be too tiring and in comfortable. And spending a day in the plane, opt for better food and service, not to forget the seat is the most important
    Hi...I will have to take economy. Was yours Continental from SG to Narita or ANA? How was the Continental in-flight entertainment may I know? I will also have a lot of luggage as I m leaving Singapore, probably close to 60 KG...so I am not sure if Continental is lax with excess baggage. Usually SQ tends to be more lenient with the restrictions and give me another 10 to 15 kg more.

CO is probably the best US legacy carrier. Too bad they're eaten up by UA.

BTW, pls remember, USA baggage is governed by number of pieces, not weight.

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel View Post
    Hi...I will have to take economy. Was yours Continental from SG to Narita or ANA? How was the Continental in-flight entertainment may I know? I will also have a lot of luggage as I m leaving Singapore, probably close to 60 KG...so I am not sure if Continental is lax with excess baggage. Usually SQ tends to be more lenient with the restrictions and give me another 10 to 15 kg more.
    You don't have to worry much about the baggage.

I sat US Airlines all the way for the 3 flights. I took Delta Airlines.

From Singapore to Narita, the flight is okay. The plane I sat was a Boeing 777, Business Class, and the seat was real comfortable. Food is customizable, where I get to order what I want on the menu. Flight attendants are pretty much fine, and they served me well. Note: Flight attendants are mostly Singaporeans, Japaneses, or Hong Kongers.

But Narita to L.A, was not as good as the one from SG to Narita. The plane I sat was a Boeing 747, as it is a long journey, therefore a bigger plane is needed, Business Class. Food was the same, but the seat isn't as good as the one on the Boeing 777. Flight Attendants are mostly Black Americans, or Caucasians. Some are nice, but some do have temper, and at times they are nasty and can even scold you.
    Think fast, aim for the best !