Im in Bangkok now til the 31st of March. Staying at Hotel Cymk at ratchada also now haha. since its only like 30$/night
Anyways some tips about the shuttle bus
1. The Shuttle bus is not free. It's 30 bath.
2. If traffic Jam, the shuttle bus from Mochit to Impact will take about 45 minutes! If take cab and go from highway maybe faster...not sure. It is around 200 bath from my hotel to impact, but going back at night is cheaper (160 bath) cuz i suppose there is no jam.
3. To find the shuttle bus service, Take MRT to Catchutak Park Stop. From there follow the sign to MRT EXIT 3. Then go up the escalator. There should be a sign showing you the Impact's shuttle bus service. Its on your right.
4. Just a tip...i think the shuttle bus can only seat around 19 people, and there is an extra space like 5-6 but you have to stand up. If you didnt manage to get a seat, i suggest you to wait for the next one. Unless you're in a hurry. The road in bangkok is not very good and it could be a bumpy ride...if you are standing
Some notes about CYMK hotel
1. It is cheap, but the hotel is still under construction.
2. Free wifi is rather slow, and the connection is not stable. But hey, its free.
3. Room is clean. Got mini fridge, LCD tv with cable tv,but the hot shower is not really hot though...more like warm water.
4. During day time can see some construction workers passing by in the lobby. And the lobby is not very clean.
5. Its around 5 minutes walk to the nearest MRT (Huay Kwang)
But hey...its way cheaper than Hotel 81 and the room is bigger, so can't complain there ... :-P
Some of my takes
Thank you for your live report from Bangkok. Very useful tip on the part for the shuttle bus ride to IMPACT. I assume all the taxi in Bangkok are metered?
Nice models at BKK Motorshow 2011
Yes indeed, everyone of them in the pictures. Cannot wait to be on-site to have a look for myself on April 1st.
Just finish cover the event yesterday....as i can say...IMPACT Hall is big...really BIG!!
But the event is not as compact as in BITEC last year...
i shoot some pics in MOTO SHOW on SUNday 27 MAR 2011.....
Share some pics here.. and today is last day for "The 32nd Bangkok International Motor Show 2011", hope to see you all again for next Bangkok motorshow at 2012..
Canon EOS 1DmkII,
Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L, SEKONIC L-758D, Zoom H4n