Thread: is there such a thing as a mini softbox for hand-held flash?

Blog Entries

Default is there such a thing as a mini softbox for hand-held flash?

harlo! wonder if anyone can help me? i read online that there are such a thing as a mini softbox that i can attach to the hand-held flashes. wonder if anyone sells it in singapore? was thinking of getting one for my sigma 500DG. i'm currently using a stofen omnibounce on my flash, but want to see if i can further diffuse my flash lighting when taking pictures.

thanks!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Lumiquest makes a mini softbox that is compatible with Sigma EF500 series flashes.

www.lumiquest.com

Yup, Lumiquest got one. CP got sell, costed me $50 or so.
    It is basically a plastic softbox attached to the flash with velcro.

http://www.lumiquest.com/lq925.htm

Seriously speaking, it is just an extremely overpriced piece of plastic s*** with limited effect. Unless you are using a 35mm (35mm terms) to shoot close up portraits, in case you like that kind of perspective. Better just get an umbrella with a flash bracket, can fold up to save space also what.

Blog Entries

any other similar products out there?

the reason why i want to buy a mini soft box is that it saves me the hassle of carrying or buying a lights setup, even tho the effects are better. my omni bounce, while sufficient, still produces a bit too harsh a shadow for my liking.

but, thanks for all the advice! will go and check out CP abt their prices.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

photoflex

this one looks like a balloon... saw it in action in a wedding
    maybe you will like to chk out as well