Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    Hi, apologies if this has been discussed before. I searched with google on clubsnap.com site but no keyword is found so I guess it has not.

    My mobile is on Singtel operator, same as my wife.

    A few month back I have received SMS from malaysian operator (I have auto-roaming plan). The issue is that I recieved that message when I was in office (in CBD), at daytime, weekdays. Cant remember exactly when as I have deleted the SMS.

    A week ago, my wife while at home, recieved same SMS. We live in AMK.

    I understand if I am close enough to malaysia like when I ventured in Sungai Buloh, then my mobile phone can pickup the signal, but in AMK??? or even in CBD ????

    Is LG phone super sensitive or what?
    Has malaysia telco operator decide to move the "border"?

    I am using and old cheapo ($0 from Singtel) LG GT505.
    My wife phone is new, LG P500 (optimus one).

  2. #2

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    Hi, apologies if this has been discussed before. I searched with google on clubsnap.com site but no keyword is found so I guess it has not.

    My mobile is on Singtel operator, same as my wife.

    A few month back I have received SMS from malaysian operator (I have auto-roaming plan). The issue is that I recieved that message when I was in office (in CBD), at daytime, weekdays. Cant remember exactly when as I have deleted the SMS.

    A week ago, my wife while at home, recieved same SMS. We live in AMK.

    I understand if I am close enough to malaysia like when I ventured in Sungai Buloh, then my mobile phone can pickup the signal, but in AMK??? or even in CBD ????

    Is LG phone super sensitive or what?
    Has malaysia telco operator decide to move the "border"?

    I am using and old cheapo ($0 from Singtel) LG GT505.
    My wife phone is new, LG P500 (optimus one).
    It's just normal. I can even receive Indonesia telco in central Singapore.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    Hm I have to check my bills then for roaming charges... skali kana charge when not roaming.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    Yes, my friend from M'sia has even use his M'sia SIM card phone sending sms using his home network near Tampines Central area. However, the signal was too weak for voice call.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    normal la... my office in CBD have permanently Indo (AXIS) telco signal .

  6. #6
    Member mojopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    bEdOk NoRtH
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    if you are afraid of being charged for auto-roam, then change the service receiving mode to manual and select the correct operator.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

  7. #7
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    I got connected to Lippotel at Marina Barrage... To Maxis / Celcom at Yishun Dam...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    if you are afraid of being charged for auto-roam, then change the service receiving mode to manual and select the correct operator.
    actually, i not worried. the other day at ubin, i thought about this.

    but then, if my passport says i'm in the country....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    actually, i not worried. the other day at ubin, i thought about this.

    but then, if my passport says i'm in the country....
    NM, your passport can be in SG but there is still no proof your phone is in other country. Better be safe. I only use manual selection as my workplace and home always have Maxis signals.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Roaming notice from malaysia operator while still in Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    NM, your passport can be in SG but there is still no proof your phone is in other country. Better be safe. I only use manual selection as my workplace and home always have Maxis signals.
    that's true, but if i have made calls that day?

    i'm sure singtel or any other singaporean operator would not be so unreasonable..

    anyways, i have data roaming off... and i always check the operator before i send msg or answer or make calls.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •