Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Renez {Random Vision}

Default Re: Renez {Random Vision}

Quote Originally Posted by turtle-san View Post
    Looking good~

Lovely colors and feel as usual.

Please keep shooting as you always do. I enjoy your visions!
    Thank You!! More to come!!

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    very nice. should try more abstracts
    Thank U!!

Last few for Year 2010

#76 - Green Lines

#77 - Communication
    Last edited by Renez; 29th December 2010 at 09:05 PM.

you have a unique vision that is rather suitable for abstract work. photographic vision can be trained, but i suspect yours is a gift. a creative arts student maybe? strong perception for color, shapes and pseudosymmetric stuff.

i would like to urge you to do things your way, and not get too bogged down with the technicalities, whatever others may say. it keeps that flame burning. that said, paid work has its own set of challenges which should be attended to, should you choose that path.

that was too heavy.
    That being said, my fav is #25 minimalist T. It kept me staring for a good 30s. That's a long time in the information age.

Quote Originally Posted by remynew View Post
    you have a unique vision that is rather suitable for abstract work. photographic vision can be trained, but i suspect yours is a gift. a creative arts student maybe? strong perception for color, shapes and pseudosymmetric stuff.

i would like to urge you to do things your way, and not get too bogged down with the technicalities, whatever others may say. it keeps that flame burning. that said, paid work has its own set of challenges which should be attended to, should you choose that path.

that was too heavy.
    That being said, my fav is #25 minimalist T. It kept me staring for a good 30s. That's a long time in the information age.

Thank You, I really appreciate your say.

I'll always keep my style, and improving to be able to produce greater shots. Thanks alot!!

I'm not a design student. I was graduated from ITE with the basic knowledge of building draftings.. Did not further study thou' and had been working in various architecture/interior design related companies for like four years, that doesnt keep me goin.. w very less interest in that jobline. Now, I'm a fulltime photographer working in hospitality company.. Shooting events n portraits. I would love to continue my photography career.

Good for you !!!!
    Sharpen You Skill, and NOT your Lens....

Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    Good for you !!!!
    Lol. Haha. Thanks!!

Looks like you really enjoy shooting. Continue having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post
    Looks like you really enjoy shooting. Continue having fun!
    Haha. Thank You.. I cant live fulfilling-ly without this passion. Haaha.

#78 - Marina Bay Evening

#79 - Shining Lights

#80 & 81 - Happy New Year 2011!! - First group of fireworks @ Marina Bay

Happy New Year 2011!!!
    Last edited by Renez; 6th January 2011 at 11:46 PM.

SAME SAME to you !!!

Looks like you like lots of "headroom". the first 2 could be cropped to be panoramas.
    The fireworks are spectacular though; especially the second one !!!

just my 2 Rupiahs...

SAME SAME to you !!!

Looks like you like lots of "headroom". the first 2 could be cropped to be panoramas.
    The fireworks are spectacular though; especially the second one !!!

just my 2 Rupiahs...
    I'm actually more concern about the lightings and manual settings than framing itself. Haha. What settings do u usually use when shooting fireworks??

Depends on the type of image I want to capture, shorter shutter speed for smaller bursts, and longer shutter for streakier fireworks. That being said, one must also watch out for the rest of the image, as in the buildings, or anything else in the shot should not be too dark or too light. I think you did fine for the exposure on both the fireworks shots.

Also, don't let anyone give you any **** about the "curve" or the slanted buildings...
    This shot is NOT for architecture, so it's really really fine.

Good Work and Cheers

Depends on the type of image I want to capture, shorter shutter speed for smaller bursts, and longer shutter for streakier fireworks. That being said, one must also watch out for the rest of the image, as in the buildings, or anything else in the shot should not be too dark or too light. I think you did fine for the exposure on both the fireworks shots.

Also, don't let anyone give you any **** about the "curve" or the slanted buildings...
    This shot is NOT for architecture, so it's really really fine.

Good Work and Cheers

Lol. I did take note of the surroundings lighting n get ready for the fireworks.. Haha. It's my first time trying to shoot fireworks, was abit afraid that it wil turn out too overexpose when the fireworks strike.. n.. Good grief, it didnt. Haa. Erm.. For e curve part, Im using 10-22mm lens.. tat's y it looks soo wide n somehow distorting.. but tat is also e purpose of using a wide angle lens.. making e fireworks looking bigger/wide n better too. Do u agree?
    Last edited by Renez; 1st January 2011 at 11:48 PM.

Lol. I did take note of the surroundings lighting n get ready for the fireworks.. Haha.
    MC: During my time, we'd shoot a couple of test polaroids first, to confirm the background exposure before we commit to film. In today's Digital World, one can "test", on the 1st exposure, and then adjust accordingly. With the 4x5" sheetfilm we were using, it was either bracketing, or "pushing" and "pulling" the film to compensate.

It's my first time trying to shoot fireworks, was abit afraid that it wil turn out too overexpose when the fireworks strike.. n.. Good grief, it didnt. Haa. Erm.. For e curve part, Im using 10-22mm lens.. tat's y it looks soo wide n somehow distorting.. but tat is also e purpose of using a wide angle lens.. making e fireworks looking bigger/wide n better too. Do u agree?
    MC: Up to certain point. This only works if the fireworks are decently close by. Then, the dramatization of "near and far" are exaggerated with the wide angle. If the fireworks were much nearer to the buildings, you'd have to use a longer focal length. But yes, in general I prefer to go up close, and shoot wide. It makes shots more dramatic. For the same reason, I prefer non-APO lenses coz the "distortion" tends to make shot much more dramatic. For reference, look at any of the TIME/ Newsweek, etc Magazines which used the OLD 24mm (circa early 90's) The pixes are far "nicer" and definitely more dramatic than the ones shot with APO correction today.

BTW, There's a friend of mine who's playing a gig at the Esplanade tomorrow at 5pm. Scoot over there if you want to shoot a band playing. I'll be there too to support, as well as shoot the Video Coverage. (am doing him a favour, I do not shoot events)

Cheers

Lol. I did take note of the surroundings lighting n get ready for the fireworks.. Haha.
    MC: During my time, we'd shoot a couple of test polaroids first, to confirm the background exposure before we commit to film. In today's Digital World, one can "test", on the 1st exposure, and then adjust accordingly. With the 4x5" sheetfilm we were using, it was either bracketing, or "pushing" and "pulling" the film to compensate.

It's my first time trying to shoot fireworks, was abit afraid that it wil turn out too overexpose when the fireworks strike.. n.. Good grief, it didnt. Haa. Erm.. For e curve part, Im using 10-22mm lens.. tat's y it looks soo wide n somehow distorting.. but tat is also e purpose of using a wide angle lens.. making e fireworks looking bigger/wide n better too. Do u agree?
    MC: Up to certain point. This only works if the fireworks are decently close by. Then, the dramatization of "near and far" are exaggerated with the wide angle. If the fireworks were much nearer to the buildings, you'd have to use a longer focal length. But yes, in general I prefer to go up close, and shoot wide. It makes shots more dramatic. For the same reason, I prefer non-APO lenses coz the "distortion" tends to make shot much more dramatic. For reference, look at any of the TIME/ Newsweek, etc Magazines which used the OLD 24mm (circa early 90's) The pixes are far "nicer" and definitely more dramatic than the ones shot with APO correction today.

BTW, There's a friend of mine who's playing a gig at the Esplanade tomorrow at 5pm. Scoot over there if you want to shoot a band playing. I'll be there too to support, as well as shoot the Video Coverage. (am doing him a favour, I do not shoot events)

Cheers
    Haha. O.. I did test shot quite alot of time, and try which settings is better. Haha.. Experimenting. Lol. I tink 10-22mm is not the "too dramatic" ones.. Haha.. also depends how you frame it bah. Haa. Closeup of fireworks, sounds abit meaningless to me.. Composition-less in a way.. Haa. Anyway, I dont shoot events too.. I'm pretty bad at it honestly. Haa.

Haha. O.. I did test shot quite alot of time, and try which settings is better. Haha.. Experimenting. Lol. I tink 10-22mm is not the "too dramatic" ones.. Haha.. also depends how you frame it bah. Haa.
    MC: Correct. And how you angle the shot away from being perpendicular to absolute horizontal.

Closeup of fireworks, sounds abit meaningless to me..
    MC: I was NOT referring to CLOSEUPS of Fireworks. However, if there was no water in front (as in your shot), I would have perhaps moved a good 50feet forward.

Composition-less in a way.. Haa. Anyway, I dont shoot events too.. I'm pretty bad at it honestly. Haa.
    MC: I just hate shooting them. BUT, having said that, Shooting stuff "against the will" sometimes forces us to rethink, or to get creative, rather than fall into our "comfort zones". BTW, all I'm getting, for helping my friend is Bak Kut Teh only...

** sigh **

renez why not you take part in the A Photo A Day Project 2011? since you've been posting pictures every time, it's worth to give give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    renez why not you take part in the A Photo A Day Project 2011? since you've been posting pictures every time, it's worth to give give it a try.
    Erm.. I dont shoot everyday. N.. only certain days free to come online. Haa.

Haha. O.. I did test shot quite alot of time, and try which settings is better. Haha.. Experimenting. Lol. I tink 10-22mm is not the "too dramatic" ones.. Haha.. also depends how you frame it bah. Haa.
    MC: Correct. And how you angle the shot away from being perpendicular to absolute horizontal.

Closeup of fireworks, sounds abit meaningless to me..
    MC: I was NOT referring to CLOSEUPS of Fireworks. However, if there was no water in front (as in your shot), I would have perhaps moved a good 50feet forward.

Composition-less in a way.. Haa. Anyway, I dont shoot events too.. I'm pretty bad at it honestly. Haa.
    MC: I just hate shooting them. BUT, having said that, Shooting stuff "against the will" sometimes forces us to rethink, or to get creative, rather than fall into our "comfort zones". BTW, all I'm getting, for helping my friend is Bak Kut Teh only...

** sigh **

Haa. Lol. Okies.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast