#39 - Gui Lin Park

Default Re: Renez {Random Vision}

#40 - Jail

#41 - Drinks

#42 - A Peek Outside

#43 - Bloody Cockles

Beautiful !!!
    Sharpen You Skill, and NOT your Lens....

great shots. But #42 is very noisy. Are you using auto ISO? because alot of your pictures are noisy. Especially in dark places like #39 and #40. you might wanna lower your ISO rates next time.

Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    Beautiful !!!
    Thank You very much, once again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    great shots. But #42 is very noisy. Are you using auto ISO? because alot of your pictures are noisy. Especially in dark places like #39 and #40. you might wanna lower your ISO rates next time.
    Thanks!! Well, I'm not using auto ISO.. Yup, I use a higher ISO when there's less light.. use lower ISO only if i got a tripod with me. Any tips for shooting sharper photos and also lesser noise at the same time when shooting in low light?

Thanks!! Well, I'm not using auto ISO.. Yup, I use a higher ISO when there's less light.. use lower ISO only if i got a tripod with me. Any tips for shooting sharper photos and also lesser noise at the same time when shooting in low light?
    MC: Try alternative "tripods" then..

Such as the Ultrapod 2, a small sand-bag, bracing yourself on a tree, pole, fence, and so on... Just get creative...
    Also, use a self-timer when you can completely let go of the camera. That will really stabilize the shake produced by your fingers.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Renez View Post
    Thank You very much, once again!!

well, there are quite afew options, like purchasing a lens with larger aperture like primes or normal f2.8 zooms. Alternatively, buying a speedlight (external flash). Of course you have to play with the light set-ups to get what you want. flash aren't great with landscapes though.

By the way, did you compress your photos? because #36a is pointed directly at the sun, which can give you a gigantic 4000/s shutter speed. But those dark areas like the trees still appears to be grainy.
    Last edited by Sgdevilzz; 22nd December 2010 at 07:57 PM.

MC: Try alternative "tripods" then..

Such as the Ultrapod 2, a small sand-bag, bracing yourself on a tree, pole, fence, and so on... Just get creative...
    Also, use a self-timer when you can completely let go of the camera. That will really stabilize the shake produced by your fingers.

Hope this helps.
    Haha. Thanks for the suggestion. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    well, there are quite afew options, like purchasing a lens with larger aperture like primes or normal f2.8 zooms. Alternatively, buying a speedlight (external flash). Of course you have to play with the light set-ups to get what you want. flash aren't great with landscapes though.

By the way, did you compress your photos? because #36a is pointed directly at the sun, which can give you a gigantic 4000/s shutter speed. But those dark areas like the trees still appears to be grainy.
    I'm currently using 18-135mm lens for almost all shots.. Not knowing too much gear/equipment stuff. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Yup, I resized by abit to fit into my copyright frame tingy. Lol. That one, i used 2000/sec.. yup.. noisy probably because ISO was set at 1600. My manual settings is needs alot more improvement.. any standard for this kinda landscape shoot?

Yea... shoot at ISO100 for as many shots as you can. That should help immediately. It also means a tripod for your night shots.

Hope this helps

Yea... shoot at ISO100 for as many shots as you can. That should help immediately. It also means a tripod for your night shots.

Hope this helps
    Yup. Thanks!!

#44 - Out of the Box

#45 - Outwards

Approaching blowouts in #45. Otherwise, very nice as well.

Goodness, You're GOOD !!!!

Approaching blowouts in #45. Otherwise, very nice as well.

Goodness, You're GOOD !!!!
    Haha. Thank You!! Appreciate it!!

#46 - Singapore Zoological Gardens Series

#46a - Nyala

#46b - Mouse Deer

#46c - Stripes Family

#46d - Flamingos

#46e - Under and Above

#46 - Singapore Zoological Gardens Series

#46f - Gecko

#46g - False Ghavial

#46h - Colobus Monkey

#46i - Orang Utan

#47 - Two

#48 - Incense

#49 - Wanton Soup

#50 - Little World

#51 - Night Skyline

You seem to have focussing problems in 46a&b and 46e&f as well. (I'd toss them out of this collection, if I were you)
    Your framing is still fantastic, but the oof distracts.

47 and 51 both have too much headroom. A simple crop would have been enough, and I assume that you could not aim the camera lower during the shoot, or else, that would have been the next alternative. Also in 51, watch your horizon.

Note: Horizons are a funny thing. If you had to make it level, it needs to be "dead-level" or else turn it at very oblique angles. Otherwise, the slightest "tilt", would make it obvious enough to distract. Press "ctrl+r" to bring out the ruler, from which you drag down "guidelines" in Photoshop for you to check.

In the old days of the 4x5 View camera, we employed the "rise and fall" to keep all verticals straight and parallel for all architectural shots. You might want to read up about it to at least have better grasp of the general idea....

Cheers

I love your stuff. Can't really quite care about any technical problem because so far what I see here outweighs them big time.

Your composition and processing is fantastic! Colors, tonal values are all sweet!

Keep them coming! I'll be stalking this thread XD

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast