Thread: 3 year-old girl 'nurses' paralysed dad

Default 3 year-old girl 'nurses' paralysed dad

Default Re: 3 year-old girl 'nurses' paralysed dad

Damn that's sad, a lot of sad stories from China but they hang on.

Don't worry, there's a lot of support over there just that a lot of people need attention so takes a while to get around all of them especially those that get reported in the news like this one.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

3 year old girls should be having fun and running around in the sun...

instead of having to grow up so quickly.

hope something is done over there, at the very least. this is actually a firm reminder that most of us are very lucky, and should learn to better appreciate what we have, instead of hankering for the "finer things in life".

Sad...
    When my children are 3 years old, they were watching cartoons and playing games.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

not sure if we can obtain some contacts about this family, at least can ask friends in China to send assistance to them

China govt is now so rich but social welfare for needy citizens is so pathetic, what are they doing ?

This just need to mobilise the power of their local netizens.
    No signature ... A lot of things need to learn ...

poor child.. poor dad.. I can't believe how the wife just left them like that.. so she loved him before the accident, when he wasn't paralyzed, now when he's paralyzed, she dumped him as if he's a broken toy..
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    there are many many other cases like this around the world, 99% aren't reported
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    not sure if we can obtain some contacts about this family, at least can ask friends in China to send assistance to them

China govt is now so rich but social welfare for needy citizens is so pathetic, what are they doing ?
    I remembered an interview a few years ago when a chinese citizen said that at least during the communist era, schooling and medical care were free

Hmmm...I wonder how much of this is true....
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

there are many of such cases that are not reported.

My own uncle is of such a sad case. They are Malaysians.

As the sole breadwinner of the family, he took care of the entire family and worked several other side jobs so that his family (then) had enough to eat and lived properly. He even sent his son from a very very tender age to pick up golf courses as a possibility that he can take that as a future professional job or if not, at least a hobby. His income also had to pay for the overseas education for his daughter.

then one day, he suffered a stroke which left him paralysed on the left side down. Lost his job(s), and now can even consider lost his family..... abandoned by his own wife and children. According to the relatives that i've asked around, his wife blamed him for not giving her enough money to take care of herself. Now he's "useless" and cannot earn a proper living to sustain their family. Yet, everytime, she'd put on makeup and look to go shopping with her daughter and son for new BRANDED clothes! this went on for quite a few years.

After my uncle's hospitalization, he refused to go back to his own house and now is living with my grandmother. I believe he's completely devastated. Once, when his "family" came over, they were suddenly very kind and nice and asked how he was and all that, only to ask much later in the conversation to want him to sign a paper that will surrender his will and assets to them.......! Of course my eldest aunt (his eldest sister) blasted them off then! And then they turned nasty and showed their true colours and said they will get a lawyer to make him sign the will and to obtain his EPF (Singapore's equivalent of CPF) savings.....

sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder how much of this is true....
    yup... fake....

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    there are many of such cases that are not reported.

My own uncle is of such a sad case. They are Malaysians.

As the sole breadwinner of the family, he took care of the entire family and worked several other side jobs so that his family (then) had enough to eat and lived properly. He even sent his son from a very very tender age to pick up golf courses as a possibility that he can take that as a future professional job or if not, at least a hobby. His income also had to pay for the overseas education for his daughter.

then one day, he suffered a stroke which left him paralysed on the left side down. Lost his job(s), and now can even consider lost his family..... abandoned by his own wife and children. According to the relatives that i've asked around, his wife blamed him for not giving her enough money to take care of herself. Now he's "useless" and cannot earn a proper living to sustain their family. Yet, everytime, she'd put on makeup and look to go shopping with her daughter and son for new BRANDED clothes! this went on for quite a few years.

After my uncle's hospitalization, he refused to go back to his own house and now is living with my grandmother. I believe he's completely devastated. Once, when his "family" came over, they were suddenly very kind and nice and asked how he was and all that, only to ask much later in the conversation to want him to sign a paper that will surrender his will and assets to them.......! Of course my eldest aunt (his eldest sister) blasted them off then! And then they turned nasty and showed their true colours and said they will get a lawyer to make him sign the will and to obtain his EPF (Singapore's equivalent of CPF) savings.....

sigh....
    Well, I'm not too sure what happened to this family, but I truly believe in Karma. What goes around comes around.

Today if you treat your parent badly, do you think your future generation will treat you the same way? Something to ponder about.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    Well, I'm not too sure what happened to this family, but I truly believe in Karma. What goes around comes around.

Today if you treat your parent badly, do you think your future generation will treat you the same way? Something to ponder about.

sigh, i hope so too. Once every year when i go back to Kampar, I see that my uncle is trying various forms of excercises to strengthen his left side. Unlike Singapore, where medical physiotherapy is of a much higher standard, in small rural places in the rest of the world (in this case M'sia) the only form of therapy for him is to try to do morning walks, and kinda "self guidance", let alone Counseling.

but to see him try hard is already a form of inspiration for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post

Ditto, scanner, ditto.
    Not necessarily have to be one's parents.
    One can be unkind to other people or beings around, and these kind of things have an accumulative effect.
    Like what you said - what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Ditto, scanner, ditto.
    Not necessarily have to be one's parents.
    One can be unkind to other people or beings around, and these kind of things have an accumulative effect.
    Like what you said - what goes around comes around.
    Yup! Brother Lim.
    The high stress life and the way S'pore system is moving towards is making the society worse. Its a money society and this affect human to human relationship.....

富地也会变"倒霉"地 if this kind of trends is to continue....