Today’s presets come to you from, well, the weather. Not that we have it bad here in Tampa, Florida. It’s actually refreshingly cool out so I always enjoy this time of year. But we’ve had our share of cold (relatively that is) here, and from watching some football yesterday, so has the rest of the country. Anyway, I was working with some ideas on making a photo look “cold” and this preset is what I ended up with. As always, this is a starting point. There’s 3 different versions from light to strong. You’ll probably want to tweak the settings after. For example, if you start out with a really warm photo then you may need to adjust the white balance to something even cooler. I’ve even included a fairly warm landscape photo to show you (in the sample below), that it even gives sunny warm photos a cold feeling. Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think.
Here’s a few samples. (click to see it larger).
• Click here to download the preset.
1) Unzip the preset zip file on to your desktop
2) Go to the Develop module. NOTE: YOU MUST BE IN THE DEVELOP MODULE
3) Go to the Presets panel on the left. Right click anywhere in it and choose “Import”.
4) Select the .lrtemplate files you unzipped in Step 1 and click Import NOTE: DO NOT IMPORT THE ZIP FILE