Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a difference between walking two steps forwards and just zoom in?

Default Re: Is there a difference between walking two steps forwards and just zoom in?

Quote Originally Posted by Fotophilic View Post
    Its harder to keep still at longer focal length, so ur pic maybe blur.
    If you're referring to DOF, it's different from a blur picture

Default Re: Is there a difference between walking two steps forwards and just zoom in?

Quote Originally Posted by windwaver View Post
    If you're referring to DOF, it's different from a blur picture
    i think he referring to the fact that whatever vibrations in our hands is multiplied at longer focal lengths
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

that would be some perspective difference. Nonetheless, i can't zoom as i use prime lens 90% of the time
    Playing with M43.

Quote Originally Posted by dapao View Post
    I am using zoom lens 99% of the time. Is there a difference of IQ( or whatever you can think of) if I take a photo of an stand-still object eg 1) using 105mm focal length and 2) I walk eg two steps forward using eg 80mm(same lens). (Assume I acheive the composition, able to reach the object and Ignore lightings/ISO and DOF and nothing tricky about the still object)
    Depends on the lens. Different lens perform differently. Even same lens (only applicable to zoom lens) perform differently at different focal length.

Therefore, know your lens well, and push it to it's limits to get the shot you want. Which is why primes are easier to use but troublesome to swap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12