Thread: Problem with my Nikon Coolpix P7000 built-in flash

Default Problem with my Nikon Coolpix P7000 built-in flash

Hi guys, my built-in flash suddenly stopped working!! The day before it was still working fine as i was taking pictures of my friend's wedding. Then just today i took out my P7000 to play around and take some shots and realized that my flash is not working!

After pressing the flash button the pop-up flash pops up but the LCD screen still shots the "no-flash sign" and when i snap, no flash was observed!

I tried looking for Nikon Tech Support's contact number on their Nikon.com.sg website but i couldnt find it. Also tried searching for answers using Nikon's search for answers function but nothing works.

Anyone knows why is this happen and how can i rectify this? Also.. Does anyone kow the number to call and where can i send my Nikon cameras for repair? I bought my Nikon Coolpix P7000 from Harvey Norman
    [Chasing the Light]
    Canon EOS 1D MK III user =X

Default Re: Problem with my Nikon Coolpix P7000 built-in flash

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
    Hi guys, my built-in flash suddenly stopped working!! The day before it was still working fine as i was taking pictures of my friend's wedding. Then just today i took out my P7000 to play around and take some shots and realized that my flash is not working!

After pressing the flash button the pop-up flash pops up but the LCD screen still shots the "no-flash sign" and when i snap, no flash was observed!

I tried looking for Nikon Tech Support's contact number on their Nikon.com.sg website but i couldnt find it. Also tried searching for answers using Nikon's search for answers function but nothing works.

Anyone knows why is this happen and how can i rectify this? Also.. Does anyone kow the number to call and where can i send my Nikon cameras for repair? I bought my Nikon Coolpix P7000 from Harvey Norman
    numbers r all here. contact the service centre. taken from nikon.com.sg webbie for ur info too.
    http://www.nikon.com.sg/pagearticle.php?pageid=60
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

is it so difficult to google nikon singapore to find for info?

Service Centre Hotline: 6 5596 363
    Service Centre Fax: 6 5593 669
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Hey thx guys, i am getting very worried/anxious as it is my first camera that cost about 700+.. and it seems to be going 'crazy' after less than 1 month of my purchase
    [Chasing the Light]

Hey thx guys, i am getting very worried/anxious as it is my first camera that cost about 700+.. and it seems to be going 'crazy' after less than 1 month of my purchase
    Did u just purchase P7000 last November during Sitex ? Actually if you topped up $200 more ($999) you would get D3100 + kit lens + freebies though ..
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Did u just purchase P7000 last November during Sitex ? Actually if you topped up $200 more ($999) you would get D3100 + kit lens + freebies though ..
    Yea.. to be honest.. i did not do any research before i went to buy my camera. I didn't think that Digital SLR cameras would cost under $1000 and therefore proceeded to buy my Coolpix P7000, thinking that it would be a decent camera that i can start out with.

I played with the Nikon D90, Canon 550D and 60D. And realized that my P7000 is really nothing like the Digital SLRs even though i am able to adjust manually the settings of my ISO, WB, Aperture and Shutterspeed etc.

Totally regretted and should have bought a D3100 as my entry level DSLR.. sigh..
    [Chasing the Light]

U can still sell it off in the B&S to recover some funds and go for what you want. one time pain but long term enjoyment. But pls research a bit more so in case D3100 is not your cake. Then you need to visit B&S again. Cheers and happy holiday.

Yea.. to be honest.. i did not do any research before i went to buy my camera. I didn't think that Digital SLR cameras would cost under $1000 and therefore proceeded to buy my Coolpix P7000, thinking that it would be a decent camera that i can start out with.

I played with the Nikon D90, Canon 550D and 60D. And realized that my P7000 is really nothing like the Digital SLRs even though i am able to adjust manually the settings of my ISO, WB, Aperture and Shutterspeed etc.

Totally regretted and should have bought a D3100 as my entry level DSLR.. sigh..
    No need that sad.
    The important things are the man behind the camera.
    I think you could shoot in RAW format (*.NRW) with P7000, so you would be able to tweak and process your photo further.