Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie wants to buy new lens (what was the first additional lens you got and why?)

Blog Entries

Default Re: newbie wants to buy new lens

Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    ZCA first
    he won't bite. maybe you would bro. buahahahah LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    finally a straight answer thanks pasay...
    no probs, but dont skip the first part of my post also. it took me well over a year of using the kit lens, then when it limited me in low light, only then did i get another lens to overcome that limitation. doesnt mean you HAVE to buy the 50mm as well just bcoz i did. different people got different shooting needs.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    he won't bite. maybe you would bro. buahahahah LOL.
    D90 still holding up. haven't been poisoned by FX yet, not even by bro akerue. though i think kriegs' defenses might be wearing thin against the FX virus..
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Blog Entries

no probs, but dont skip the first part of my post also. it took me well over a year of using the kit lens, then when it limited me in low light, only then did i get another lens to overcome that limitation. doesnt mean you HAVE to buy the 50mm as well just bcoz i did. different people got different shooting needs.
    Hear Hear! If you can't produce nice pictures on a kit lens, you will not be able to produce nice pictures on any lens. The only thing restricting you is yourself.
    Stuff I shot with the 18-55 (non-VR) kit lens on a D40x:

D90 still holding up. haven't been poisoned by FX yet, not even by bro akerue. though i think kriegs' defenses might be wearing thin against the FX virus..
    ya.... I heard...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 19th December 2010 at 02:01 AM.

Default Re: newbie wants to buy new lens (what was the first additional lens you got and why?

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    Hi everyone I just got my first DSLR a Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm kit lens thinking of getting my additional lenses which one do you think I should get first the AFS DX VR 55-200mm or the AFS DX 35mm f1.8 prime lens?

please none of those depends on what you are going to shoot answers if you were me what would you get?
    i got a 18-200 sigma. it was perfect for the formula drift this year as I was shooting at both ends of the zoom.

55-200 or 35.... the answer will have to come from yourself. Everyone needs and workflow is different even in a similar event.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Default Re: newbie wants to buy new lens (what was the first additional lens you got and why?

the first I have is 18-200 VR II after sold off my kit lens. Follow by 50 f1.8, 28-75, 11-16, etc
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

50/f1.8 lor.. cheap prime to play with before i got my 85/f1.8 which i found suits me better.

got a 50mm f/1.8 prime lens.. to shoot people mainly..

Got a 50mm/1.8 because it was cheap!

However, I do agree it depends on your needs and if the 50mm wasn't so cheap, I'll probably use the funds to save for something I really need.

Personally, I feel the 50mm is a tad too long on a crop body especially indoor/inhouse shots.

Matt
    flickr
    Memories From A Canon EOS 7D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12