Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Starhub reception in NUS

  1. #1

    Default Starhub reception in NUS

    Hi guys, just want to check if anyone from NUS here, hows the reception of Starhub phones over at NUS, in particular at places like SOC and PGP. Cos entering Uni soon, and most likely would be staying at PGP and thinking of changing to Starhub, but scared there poor or no reception. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

    Cheers

  2. #2

    Default

    sometime reception depands on the phone. SE phone is proven to have bad reception compares to others.
    Objection !!!

  3. #3

    Default

    mmm.... my campus lecture theatre got no reception one. i using starhub. however, my friends who are singtel users, got full reception inside lor. i cannot even send sms out. theirs can make calls out somemore....

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    mmm.... my campus lecture theatre got no reception one. i using starhub. however, my friends who are singtel users, got full reception inside lor. i cannot even send sms out. theirs can make calls out somemore....
    so jia lat?

  5. #5

    Default

    starhub just sucks bigtime.. could hardly get a worthy 1 bar of reception over at Sci Fac...

  6. #6

    Default

    Hmm this sucks...maybe that explains their cheaper phone packages, and more attractive price plans.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    so jia lat?
    Hell yeah. now that the other operators are offering free incoming calls, i might just switch to them when my contract expires in nov.

    singtel and m1 couldn't beat starhub's free-incoming calls attack. so i suppose they joined in the fun. i suppose in the years or even months to come, if starhub continues this kind of poor reception, many are gonna switch over to the other 2 liao.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zedwerkz
    Hi guys, just want to check if anyone from NUS here, hows the reception of Starhub phones over at NUS, in particular at places like SOC and PGP. Cos entering Uni soon, and most likely would be staying at PGP and thinking of changing to Starhub, but scared there poor or no reception. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

    Cheers
    I'm from SoC used to stay in PGP and am still using Starhub.

    PGP reception was okay except when you start going "underground" as in the conference rooms and multi purpose halls. Your phone will then fluctuate between 0 and 2 bars or so.

    SoC reception is fine. Reception in some LTs, particularly in Science is bad, but the common LTs like 33/34 and 27, reception is acceptable.

  9. #9

    Default

    you want to send sms in LT for what.. haha

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks all for your replies, just realised that Singtel upgraded their I-one plan today, quite worth it now i think, all day free incoming, 100mins outgoing anytime, and 500 sms $25.20. Heh, now at least got plan quite similar to Starhub, and guranteed better reception too.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zedwerkz
    Thanks all for your replies, just realised that Singtel upgraded their I-one plan today, quite worth it now i think, all day free incoming, 100mins outgoing anytime, and 500 sms $25.20. Heh, now at least got plan quite similar to Starhub, and guranteed better reception too.
    Yes. This plan is SUPER worth it, but just be careful about calling out often as it's not per second billing.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamcake
    you want to send sms in LT for what.. haha
    then let me ask u u everytime use sms to do wat? C.O.M.M.U.N.I.C.A.T.E. duh!?!? especially when the lecturer's disastrous...

  13. #13
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    I don't know about Starhub... but I'm having a hell of a time sending and receiving smses with my M1 connection whenever I work in the lab!

    Think the safest bet is still with Singtel.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    I don't know about Starhub... but I'm having a hell of a time sending and receiving smses with my M1 connection whenever I work in the lab!

    Think the safest bet is still with Singtel.

    not really, i am using singtel, lot of places also no reception. As I said, it depands very much on phone.
    Objection !!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member The_Cheat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    not really, i am using singtel, lot of places also no reception. As I said, it depands very much on phone.
    It also depends on where you are...

    There's no problem with M1 connection at Arts or BizAd though!
    Think I shall change my research area!

  16. #16

    Default

    Think I would be changing to the I-One Plus plan, then maybe get the SE T610 too. Heh I know it's an old phone, but its the only 1 I can afford now, and its quite feature-pack too for the price, $43 after trade-in, much better than the 6610Ii at $98, cept SE's menu is damn slow

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zedwerkz
    cept SE's menu is damn slow

    go upgrade the firmware. latest version is RC6
    Objection !!!

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zedwerkz
    Thanks all for your replies, just realised that Singtel upgraded their I-one plan today, quite worth it now i think, all day free incoming, 100mins outgoing anytime, and 500 sms $25.20. Heh, now at least got plan quite similar to Starhub, and guranteed better reception too.
    When they say all day free, does that mean 24 hrs or just daytime hours?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    go upgrade the firmware. latest version is RC6
    Hehe, silly qns, but where to get it upgraded ? Singtel Hello shop ? or Sony Ericsson Service Center ? BTW how to I check which version is my HP currently. Thanks.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zedwerkz
    Hehe, silly qns, but where to get it upgraded ? Singtel Hello shop ? or Sony Ericsson Service Center ? BTW how to I check which version is my HP currently. Thanks.
    sony service center.

    to check your version : >*<<*< *

    the "><" is your joystick.
    Objection !!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •