Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

  1. #1
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid
    indie

  2. #2
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid
    cause ur still a kid they are more worried abt u dropping the camera.

    relax. enjoy while ur still a kid. a lot of benifits one. i'm starting to dread the end of my "kid" life already. harder to justify stuff, and ppl's expectation are starting to rise sky high

  3. #3
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    cause ur still a kid they are more worried abt u dropping the camera.

    relax. enjoy while ur still a kid. a lot of benifits one. i'm starting to dread the end of my "kid" life already. harder to justify stuff, and ppl's expectation are starting to rise sky high
    You can still be considered a kid wad....
    indie

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jalan Poonpipi
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    wat do you mean by little ppl - people there are small in size?

    Or is it unlike those IT show, so crowded that you could hardly move?

    I guess there is hardly any great bargains to be found.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

  5. #5
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    wat do you mean by little ppl - people there are small in size?

    Or is it unlike those IT show, so crowded that you could hardly move?

    I guess there is hardly any great bargains to be found.
    Less ppl sry for tht mistake

    I bought a laptop there.....
    indie

  6. #6
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    That is hardly bad service, he could have told you to get lost instead.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #7

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    wat do you mean by little ppl - people there are small in size?

    .
    I think TS meant: little people = kid = TS
    always the Light, .... always.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    The kid means

    Little People

    Literal (bad) translation of Chinese to English

    小人

    meaning

    People who are narrow minded and with low-class character

    He did not mean there were a few people in the exhibition.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    I have decided not to buy from all these Mega fairs anymore. Service is poor and the squeezing with the crowd is not worth it.

    Last time in Sep, I helped my friend buy Sony from xxxxx booth at level where it all starts. They bei "Song" to let me try the camera. Say "No testing". AND he is the SUPERVISOR! Stare at me some more.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    I bought a laptop there.....[/QUOTE]


    would like to check are there any store selling pc tablet (not so popular brand from china)?
    thnks..
    bty y u heartbreak after bought a laptop? kanna chopped?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    ya la me now also still a kid... need to tahan one more year for my driving license... haiz.. sigh..
    Think fast, aim for the best !

  12. #12
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    ya la me now also still a kid... need to tahan one more year for my driving license... haiz.. sigh..
    haha i'm just 2 more months

  13. #13
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    You can still be considered a kid wad....
    coughs... u sure u got my age right?

  14. #14
    Senior Member hanqiang1011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tiny Red Dot...
    Posts
    2,553

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Wasp View Post
    I have decided not to buy from all these Mega fairs anymore. Service is poor and the squeezing with the crowd is not worth it.

    Last time in Sep, I helped my friend buy Sony from xxxxx booth at level where it all starts. They bei "Song" to let me try the camera. Say "No testing". AND he is the SUPERVISOR! Stare at me some more.
    Next time when trying out a camera, bring a BIG lens along, and tell them straight that the lousy lens they have can't test the camera, use yours lens.

    问他怕未

  15. #15
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    The kid means

    Little People

    Literal (bad) translation of Chinese to English

    小人

    meaning

    People who are narrow minded and with low-class character

    He did not mean there were a few people in the exhibition.
    This is one intelligent photographer
    indie

  16. #16
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    coughs... u sure u got my age right?
    JC2 also kid wad...
    indie

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    little people?!?!?
    I wonder if it make it to newpaper headline: Hobbit spotted at Singapore Megatex 2010.
    LOL.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid
    Next time you go with me.

    I'll tell the salesman you're my son.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Anyone went to megatex on 17 dec 2010? I was there trying out with the D7000 when the salesman asked me if he could help. i said i was just seeing and instead of saying something like "sure" or "no prob", he glared at me intently and wont give up even after i toyeed with it for 5 min.... So wad if i'm a kid
    I think it is more or less the same level of courtesy for both megatex/sitex and normal shopping.
    most of the time the sales people bo chup and just stand far away until I want to pay $.
    Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 21st December 2010 at 02:37 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Megatex 2010- little ppl and bad service

    either way, cannot please 100% customers one.

    If dont disturb and leave them alone to try the camera, there are those who say no service or even complain the sales are lazy. If everytime disturb when they are trying the camera, again the same thing except that rather then lazy will become irritating and so on.

    As for why he paid attention....now its not unheard off for the kids to scout the camera first and then buy or wait for dad to buy for them. Nowadays, its quite possible for kids to be carrying $1000 note in their pockets to buy camera during IT Fairs.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •