Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways of Funding the Hobby

Default Ways of Funding the Hobby

Hey guys,

What are the ways of funding this expensive hobby of ours? Let's share some ideas.

photo-competition. Let professional judge your prints and get prizes.

haven gone into the super rich & famous side yet... as in the DSLR!!!

but have forked out an amount of money just for the hobby which is not really related to work... so to get my funds, normally i would fake to say... hmm i need this to buy for taking better pics of the product... justified... buy... unjustified... also buy... either way... i wan... i buy...

best to have your company 'sponsor' it... like 'mine' heheh... currently the cheapo lights is paid by company... heheh.. but den again... its also my money... just making myself feel good... i say i using other ppl's money... cos it does not come out directly from my pocket.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Shoot less film and more digital to save cost.
    Shoot fashion (use lots of fan blast), go NYC then hold a local photographic exhibition about your childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    Shoot less film and more digital to save cost.
    Shoot fashion (use lots of fan blast), go NYC then hold a local photographic exhibition about your childhood.
    thats extremely sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrile
    thats extremely sarcastic.
    maybe JC offended him in this life or the previous life...
    haiz

print out the image of next thing/lenses you wanna buy...paste it where you can see everyday so you wont spend your money on some other things like food or transportation... pay come out..BUY! then eat grass for the rest of the month..

Jason H0
    Guests

this is what i learnt from the Durian exhibition....

getting paid for taking pictures of people's backs...telling them they will make good memorial photos when they are long gone.

Sell pictures taken through broken lens and call it a "F"artistic piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman

work for canon or nikon

go rob a bank....

try buying 4d/toto/big sweep

get a job?

- Share lenses with shooting buddies.

- Be very focused about what you really want/need. Don't buy less than what you need.

- Buy 3rd party stuff. Some are really good.

- Buy used stuff. Learn to recognise good deals.

- If you really want to earn serious money from photography, get out of Singapore.

- SELLSELLSELL. Sell the car, sell the house, sell the kids, sell the wife, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    - SELLSELLSELL. Sell the car, sell the house, sell the kids, sell the wife, whatever.
    lolz

Funding the hobby? How about start by not wanking over equipments? Save you bundles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H0
    this is what i learnt from the Durian exhibition....

getting paid for taking pictures of people's backs...telling them they will make good memorial photos when they are long gone.

Sell pictures taken through broken lens and call it a "F"artistic piece of work.
    this is dumb. i don't think hes paid for his personal works yah?

1. Weekend Wedding Photography.

2. Shooting for model portfolios or home portraits.

3. Photo essays and contribute them to magazines. If you could combine the photography with writing it is more attractive for the editors to use them.

4. Stock photography.

5. Self publishing of postcards, greeting cards or picture books.

6. Give tuitions in photography or Photoshop.

7. Print your images into posters and frame them to sell.

8. Trade in second camera and lenses.

9. Become a partime models.
    Last edited by Sion; 1st July 2004 at 08:00 PM.

I only have one thing to say - Don't feed the troll, ( MinoxMan in this case )

Well, back to topic.. I save.. 5 dollars a day.. 3 months and i have a new lens but yeah im still studying

May I suggest this... this can be one way..

I have a fish hobbyist site and may need pictures from the various fish competitions.. a photographer who have interest in fish is really preferred here.. where some closeup shots of the winning fish will be the most awesome..

Hoping if I can get some specials rates, as this is a hobbyist site afterall, but I know professional good work won't be too cheap

if you may be keen, can you kindly drop me a pm to suggest a estimated pricing? (the confirm price can be discussed again with the next competition come up)

Thanks

take pictures and sell them to image companies! there are many of them on the net..

Quote Originally Posted by engineermunn
    Hey guys,

What are the ways of funding this expensive hobby of ours? Let's share some ideas.
    get a job, work my a** off and everytime my @#^@!*& boss #@*!^#*&@ me ... i will look @ him n visualize a big new lens ... then i'll cool down n get back 2 work ... ...

I think this is a common sense question. No offence meant but you can have the model answer

1) Get a job
    2) Be content with what you have

Whatever hobbies you have, it is only expensive if you made it to be. Don't be penny wise, pound foolish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast