Thread: Certifed Ethical Hacker

Default Certifed Ethical Hacker

anyone here certified liao? is this cert demanding in small country like Singapore? currently i am a system guy, already certified SCSA,CCNA,MCSE,RHCA and etc....but i want to do something more challenging.

https://www.eccouncil.org/certificat...al_hacker.aspx

Please advise.
    Objection !!!

Default Re: Certifed Ethical Hacker

You could get a job in the IT consulting divisions of E&Y, Deloitte ERS, etc. Slavish work hours.
    Alpha

I'd rather do vendor-specific hardware i.e. HP blade or VMWare/Citrix cert or Oracle DBA cert.

Never heard of a certified hacker b4....
    Looks cool
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Never heard of a certified hacker b4....
    Looks cool
    certified hackers are call white hats

You need to register your details with IDA or some govt body if I am not wrong.

My friend is CEH already. Let me know if you want to talk to him about the certification.

Some of my friends who are CEH certified don't find it too useful in the commercial sector. CEH doesn't teach you to be a effective hacker, it just teaches you known exploits, which in modern times are already patched to a certain extent. I think you'd benefit more with other vendor specific certifications like bro cks2k2 mentioned.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Some of my friends who are CEH certified don't find it too useful in the commercial sector. CEH doesn't teach you to be a effective hacker, it just teaches you known exploits, which in modern times are already patched to a certain extent. I think you'd benefit more with other vendor specific certifications like bro cks2k2 mentioned.
    Ironically enough I have no certs myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    anyone here certified liao? is this cert demanding in small country like Singapore? currently i am a system guy, already certified SCSA,CCNA,MCSE,RHCA and etc....but i want to do something more challenging.

https://www.eccouncil.org/certificat...al_hacker.aspx

Please advise.
    You can continue pursuing your existing cisco, microsoft, redhat certifications such as ccie, mcse and rhce which have more value and more relevant to your existing job as system engineer. These certs will give you good pay as well if you can find the "right" company.

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    my colleague also recommended cissp rather than ceh. microsoft and ux i sian liao ok, i have been in that sector for more than 10 yrs.
    Last edited by ninelives; 17th December 2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    my colleague also recommended cissp rather than ceh. microsoft and ux i sian liao ok, i have been in that sector for more than 10 yrs.
    Yes the IT line can be rather dry and boring after being in it for some time.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]