Thread: A newbie here lost his images!

Default A newbie here lost his images!

Hey everyone,

I am a newbie to digital photography, an ametuer by all means. I just got back from a cruise to Alaska and took about 200 nature and wildlife photos that were coming out great. I went to go view the images on my computer, popped the card into the card reader and my reader shows that no images are on the card. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I really want these images. Does anyone have anyway to get these images back? Thanks

Can you still view them on the camera's LCD?

Don't do anything just yet. If you can still view them on your camera lcd then use the software that comes with the camera to transfer the images to the computer. It may just be compatiblity issue. If you cannot view them on the camera then you might just have lost it.

I cannot view them on the camera or on the reader. The camera asks me to format the card but there is no way I am doing that. I have heard of ways to recover these lost images using programs that do an undelete like the old Dos used to but so far I have only found programs for hard drives.

I have actually had this problem before as well, thought I lost all the images for good but I found some software online by doing a search on google for "image recovery software" and came across a couple of companies that off services to send the cards in to have the images recovered. I believe if this is a Lexar or SanDisk card they include their own photo recovery software.

Well i knew I came across something in the past that helped me a month or so ago. I found this software on Rob Galbraith's forums and it recovered all my images as far I can tell. Good Luck!

http://www.flashfixers.com/software/imagerecall.asp

Thank you for all the information. I will give that software package a shot and let you know the results. Thanks for all the help today.

Thank you so much. I tried the Flash Fixers image recall software as suggested and it worked like a charm. I was able to recover all of my images. I have spent all day trying to resolve this and it was done within a 20 minute scan. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Serio
    Thank you so much. I tried the Flash Fixers image recall software as suggested and it worked like a charm. I was able to recover all of my images. I have spent all day trying to resolve this and it was done within a 20 minute scan. Thank you again.
    must be so relieved...heh...so you bought the full version?...as the lite version only allow 10 pics to be recovered...how much did you paid for it?

Man I am so relieved. Right away when I used the demo I was able to get the 10 images and I was sold. I think I ended up getting the software for like $30 something dollars. There was a code at the bottom of the page that saved me %15. I would have paid the full price of the $40 for that recovery.

well, don't forget to post ur pics

oh man lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Serio
    Man I am so relieved. Right away when I used the demo I was able to get the 10 images and I was sold. I think I ended up getting the software for like $30 something dollars. There was a code at the bottom of the page that saved me %15. I would have paid the full price of the $40 for that recovery.
    Well, good on you mate. I bet the pictures are quite precious to you.

Anyhow, as someone else has mentioned, do share your pictures with us if you can.

Cheers!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

yup....one fear i have....go on trip come back all my film fog.....similar haha..

Blog Entries

i can feel the trauma you must have gone thru.... glad that they're recovered..... better save them properly....on a seperate drive or CD
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

yes! please post your pictures!
    good to hear that you managed to recover them!
    by the way, where does this cruise to alaska begin from?
    thanks!

is this software able to retrieve image from formatted CF card?