Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated...

Default Re: Frustrated...

Sorry about your encounter TS, all sorts of people on the forum. You meet some good ones and you meet some bad ones, I've had a fair share of such sellers, just take it with a pinch of salt and move on. With patience, you'll always find another good deal around
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Sorry about your encounter TS, all sorts of people on the forum. You meet some good ones and you meet some bad ones, I've had a fair share of such sellers, just take it with a pinch of salt and move on. With patience, you'll always find another good deal around
    Ya, at least the buyer call you, many people including me kena fly areoplane before.....

Thanks for all the comforting comments. But it's one of the first few times I've shopped online, and it turned out to be not a very memorable experience. Well, life goes on...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by megain View Post
    Thanks for all the comforting comments. But it's one of the first few times I've shopped online, and it turned out to be not a very memorable experience. Well, life goes on...
    Wait till you get ripped off.

What you experienced is nothing compared to getting ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Wait till you get ripped off.

What you experienced is nothing compared to getting ripped off.
    Oh? How can you get ripped off if you check the item on the spot?

You'd be amazed. A lot of people get home, then find out there's fungus, etc.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    You'd be amazed. A lot of people get home, then find out there's fungus, etc.
    then seller mia cos cant contact. or you reserve for buyer because buyer not free for the week/weekend, then in the end they turn you down and don't even tell you. then u waste lots of time and opp to sell the thing.

or advertise mint then go down to meet and the lens actually chui one.

or......

everyone gets a bad buyer/seller once in awhile. just letting it go saves alot of frustration.. hope you find a nicer seller and get what you need!
    F3, FTN, D700, just primes =)
    http://littleredcake.smugmug.com/

this forum isn't all about bad sellers... You'll get to meet good ones. In my case, i'm thankful for meeting 2 nice people who are genuine sellers. IMO, this forum is made up of a small percentage of bad sellers, good sellers and helpful and knowledgeable people. The rest are jerks, snobs and people who practically type without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualme78 View Post
    this forum isn't all about bad sellers... You'll get to meet good ones.

it's just that the "bad" deals get posted and noticed more than the "good" deals. if you get a good deal, meet, pay, trade, you go home and enjoy your new toy, chances are you're unlikely to post that a good deal went through. however, if it's a bad deal, there's a high chance it will be posted and another stat added. not referring to anyone in particular, but that's human nature i guess
    Last edited by pasay; 15th December 2010 at 11:48 PM.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

There are always a few bad apples anywhere. That said, I've had nothing but good experience with ClubSNAP and VR-Zone purchases. I've been ripped off at Sim Lim and Funan though.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by fmeeran View Post
    There are always a few bad apples anywhere. That said, I've had nothing but good experience with ClubSNAP and VR-Zone purchases. I've been ripped off at Sim Lim and Funan though.
    aye to getting ripped off. when ever i go, i tell myself they re gonna try and rip me off so i must be careful. but somehow, in some subtle way i always(really always) get ripped off. but i still go anyway, s maybe thats my fault.

You can get ripped even at public retail stalls? Very daring of them...

You'd be surprised at the number of horror stories here regarding camera shops at SLS, Lucky Plaza and even Funan.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

if you don't know you're being ripped off (see the number of people who buy Vitacon filters or some 'fancy' wide-angle converter lenses then later complain about it), then you won't feel like you're being ripped off
    Exploring! :)

hear hear... I've been fortunate enough to meet a number of very nice and honest CSers who have sold me stuff or bought from me.
    I'm apprehensive about the time I encounter a bad apple, and I do count my blessings every time a deal goes through smoothly.
    Have made at least 8 transactions so far and all have gone well.
    It's not all bad. TS, don't be discouraged. At least now you are better prepared.
    Exploring! :)

It is unfortunate to meet with bad buyer or seller but that is life. Maybe you just missed a bad purchase?

Only bad thing that can come out of this deal is, just wasted your time with him.

Blog Entries

Are you confident that you can do 100% check? The internals and all? There is always a chance to get ripped off despite a functional and external check.

From your posts, it sounds like you have not been out in the world too much. Are you a student? The innocence... Ahhh
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th December 2010 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Are you confident that you can do 100% check? The internals and all? There is always a chance to get ripped off despite a functional and external check.

From your posts, it sounds like you have not been out in the world too much. Are you a student? The innocence... Ahhh
    example 1:

ask for hoya Pro 1D protector. they show to you, and strike convo with you. you think 'ok, they re friendy, nice people.' then they intro you to product X (eg. vitaCON) and say its better, made in japan, dunno what, blah blah blah. they ll say, its a new product, new technology so its the best and you don't see many ppl using cos its new. then they ll tell you the price is $70, but since yr the first 10 to buy we can give you for $50. the hoya they quote you $55.

so you ll think your getting more for less. n if you re not on the look out you ll kena. the above is a real life example tt happened to me. was very taken in, but still chose the hoya in the end.

example 2:

you ask for ENEL3E. they quote you $70, but say no more stock, only got 3rd party. so you ask how much, they say $30. so seems ok, and you buy. then you walk across the road to simlim tower and the man there selling for $20.

example 3:

you ask for XYZ and they give you a price about 20-30% below market price. then you go WAH! and they bring you into the shop. then they ll try and try and try to intro you to new products. won't actually let you try the one you want. then if you tell them you wan only XYZ, they ll tell you left only display set/no warranty/grey set/. or worse still, they scold you and say you heard him wrongly when he said the first price. the fact is, they cant sell you at the price they quoted you. they only said it so low so they can pull you into the shop and suck out all your money.

also happened to me when i bought my first cam e FZ5. super frustrating...

example 4:

they entertain you and you v happy, then proceed to buy from the counter. only after paying then they say its grey set and got no warranty. but there's nothign you can do about that cos you paid by netts. this one happened to me when i bought my mb d200..

example 5:

they quote you some ridiculous MSRP thats like 2ce the price, then say got student offer so we give you half price. then you go to courts and see the same thing for $150 less.. this was with my tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro.

i kena alot alrd.. imho, it might actually be better on the BS forum.. just be careful and do ALOT of homework before buying =)
    Last edited by Ben Ang; 16th December 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang View Post
    example 1:

ask for hoya Pro 1D protector. they show to you, and strike convo with you. you think 'ok, they re friendy, nice people.' then they intro you to product X (eg. vitaCON) and say its better, made in japan, dunno what, blah blah blah. they ll say, its a new product, new technology so its the best and you don't see many ppl using cos its new. then they ll tell you the price is $70, but since yr the first 10 to buy we can give you for $50. the hoya they quote you $55.

so you ll think your getting more for less. n if you re not on the look out you ll kena. the above is a real life example tt happened to me. was very taken in, but still chose the hoya in the end.

example 2:

you ask for ENEL3E. they quote you $70, but say no more stock, only got 3rd party. so you ask how much, they say $30. so seems ok, and you buy. then you walk across the road to simlim tower and the man there selling for $20.

example 3:

you ask for XYZ and they give you a price about 20-30% below market price. then you go WAH! and they bring you into the shop. then they ll try and try and try to intro you to new products. won't actually let you try the one you want. then if you tell them you wan only XYZ, they ll tell you left only display set/no warranty/grey set/. or worse still, they scold you and say you heard him wrongly when he said the first price. the fact is, they cant sell you at the price they quoted you. they only said it so low so they can pull you into the shop and suck out all your money.

also happened to me when i bought my first cam e FZ5. super frustrating...

example 4:

they entertain you and you v happy, then proceed to buy from the counter. only after paying then they say its grey set and got no warranty. but there's nothign you can do about that cos you paid by netts. this one happened to me when i bought my mb d200..

example 5:

they quote you some ridiculous MSRP thats like 2ce the price, then say got student offer so we give you half price. then you go to courts and see the same thing for $150 less.. this was with my tokina 100mm f/2.8 macro.

i kena alot alrd.. imho, it might actually be better on the BS forum.. just be careful and do ALOT of homework before buying =)
    I buy from harvey norman, courts and best denki!!
    indie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    I buy from harvey norman, courts and best denki!!
    i buy from cathay, ms color and mass sales ppl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast