Thread: Camera pricing different

Default Camera pricing different

I have gone thru the pricing guides for nikon & canon . Why there is a price different offer by different camera shop as compare to the RRP given by authorised agent.
    If I'm getting a camera shop "A" (not a grey set) at a price lower than RRP. Will I given given a CSC/NSC warranty card or just shop "A" warranty for that camera. Please enlighten me. thanks

Default Re: Camera pricing different

You will be given the agent's warranty card and not the shop's which does not give any warranty for the product sold, be it Canon or Nikon who will give the warrranty, even if it is sold below RRP and not a grey set. The agent, Canon or Nikon, sells the set to the shop which then sells it to you with the agent's warranty card for the set sold.
    Last edited by henry soh; 14th December 2010 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by panda037 View Post
    I have gone thru the pricing guides for nikon & canon . Why there is a price different offer by different camera shop as compare to the RRP given by authorised agent.
    If I'm getting a camera shop "A" (not a grey set) at a price lower than RRP. Will I given given a CSC/NSC warranty card or just shop "A" warranty for that camera. Please enlighten me. thanks
    You will get a full, "correct" local set. In general, we do not recommend gray shops.
    Alpha

Hi, Henry & Rashkae , thanks for enlighten me. Now have a peace of mind. I have a rough guide what to expect when getting a camera at any shop.

Quote Originally Posted by panda037 View Post
    In the first sentence, it tell me probably you are pretty clueless how a retail business works.
    this what I did. Then I found this which explained clearly. Basically, it is a balance between "moving the goods" and a good profit.

just check out and call the shops in the price guide and not to worry about warranty issues as these don't sell any grey sets. (as far as I know)
    Last edited by coolthought; 15th December 2010 at 01:23 AM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif