Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When travelling, do you use a tripod bag or place your tripod in your backpack?

Default Re: When travelling, do you use a tripod bag or place your tripod in your backpack?

Quote Originally Posted by hotchoco1ate View Post
    Its 800g + 350g = 1.15kg

Wah it sounds very awkward to walk long distances like that. And i realised something when i carry things that tend to swing - when i hold my DSLR, it cannot steady because of the angular momentum of the swinging object..
    use to clip my tripod to my belt... but not now... think my pants will drop with my current tripod...

Default Re: When travelling, do you use a tripod bag or place your tripod in your backpack?

i use kata3n1 with tripod holder....good training!

Its always on my TT HardDrive.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchanjj View Post
    nm...it's difficult when your gf / family comprises of non-photogs you know...they tend to get impatient and complaining of cold when you are doing a 30 sec exposure
    My parents were complaining when I was doing a 60 sec one!

Tripod in the daytime is not just for long-exposure but HDR (of course you can do handheld) and pano too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    My parents were complaining when I was doing a 60 sec one!

Tripod in the daytime is not just for long-exposure but HDR (of course you can do handheld) and pano too.
    Bro you are not alone too, my parents were nagging at when I was doing a 30 sec shot. Just think of the wonderful picture I get and all the nags and complaints are gone !
    Think fast, aim for the best !

"When travelling, do you use a tripod bag or place your tripod in your backpack? "

When I travel my tripod hangs from a shoulder strap. Worst case scenario, I can use it to hit someone!

tripod bag indeed >_>
    facebook | Kiwira

I just went to thailand... Used a flipside 400 with tripod holder to hold my tripod with three way head. I think dslr culture there is similar to sg so not that dangerous. Just that people will know i am a tourist. I am more worried my tripod will hit people when i squeeze in crowd.

I just put my tripod at the side pouch of my Lowepro Fastpack 200 and further secure it using a carabiner hook. Else it is a hassle to keep on carrying it... Worst of all, when u want to shoot, still need to put tripod down first... very troublesome...

I'd carry a tripod bag and sling it with me. It does get rather cumbersome at times, if you have a good sized backpack which you can attach your tripod to, or you can fit your tripod, would strongly suggest that. Especially if you're going to be carrying your gear for long duration.

If you use a backpack hen handy solution is to use a Kata 3N1 Tripod Holder System. This securely holds a small field tripod.I bought it from Challenger for $22.90 with a 5 year warranty!.
    http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp...&Version=photo

my vanguard uprise 48 served me well this new year.

plenty of looks too...(from the gfs who were made to carry tripods for bfs)
    Run and Gun All for Fun!
    Nikon D90/ Tokina 11-16mm / Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123