Thread: Newbie asking question

Default Newbie asking question

Hi, I know I should read more before asking but I am sure many of you have past this phase in your quest on photography. Just want some jump start.

I think I will be likely to be looking at Canon but I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?

Default Re: Newbie asking question

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Hi, I know I should read more before asking but I am sure many of you have past this phase in your quest on photography. Just want some jump start.

I think I will be likely to be looking at Canon but I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?
    Guess u r comparing between 550D and 500D instead of 5000??

Anyway, the bigger the number means it is a newer version of the same series ( in your case the XXXD series)... not lower model... haha

Deregistered

For differences between 550D and 500D,you can just google it...

also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...igital_Cameras

the comparisons of course are not comprehensive, just some physical aspects...
    d850 | a7r3 | I1P | P4P | Videos | Photos | Aerials

If you have the budget, just go for 550D. All the best!

Blog Entries

.... I am not sure what is the real difference between the 550D and 5000. For Canon, as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is a lower model?
    as the number goes lower, like 450D, it is an OLDER model.

Welcome to CS . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Hi, thank you for those tips but the numbers will take a while to learn. Will be keeping up and buy my Christmas present this year

It is not about the numbers ... it is about the knowledge of taking a good picture.

Regardless of camera, you should be able to start your journey. If a professional can use a compact camera, does it mean that the camera is good or the photographer is good?

A journey of a million miles begin with a single step. Get a camera, and start shooting. Start putting into practice what you've read.

May the Force be with you. Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!