Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shall we start a photo challenge.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shall we start a photo challenge.

cause i thought it would get ppl to at least shoot once a week. once a month is too long.

cause once theme out, we have effectively the sunday to shoot, and maybe the morning hours of the sat to shoot too. gives u 1 week (if u shoot on sunday) to correct the shot (on the next sat)

Here's my suggestion, if there are no objection.
    We'll get the ball rolling this Thursday (16/12).

The Rules...
    The host gives you a topic and an image to get you going. You post an image. The host chooses the winner. The decision of the judge (the Host!) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person.

The time frame...
    The challenge will run for 11 days, so that it cover at least 2 weekend.
    It will start on a Thursday 8pm, close on Monday 8pm (11 days from the start date).
    Winner to be announce on Wednesday 8pm.
    The winner will have one day to come up with a new challenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are some guidelines:
    Either embed your image in the thread or supply a link to it. Click on preview to make sure it's what you want. Provide any additional information you want.
    You may enter up to *three* pictures, but try to put them within a single post. Also, please give a title to each photo...makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.
    Please limit the size of your entries to conserve bandwidth. 150K or less works well. As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.

how about instead of letting the judge have all the decision rights, we let the judge be the one to shortlist the photos and then open it up for voting! most votes win!
    a little bit like dyxum.com
    Gripped A500 kit | Tokina 28-70 2.6-2.8 | 50 1.8 | Minolta 70-210 4 | HVL-42AM

Blog Entries

voting system never works. u have more friends, u get more votes. just leave it to judge. biased, maybe. but its all in the name of fun. and its closer to most competition methods

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by expro View Post
    Please limit the size of your entries to conserve bandwidth. 150K or less works well. As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.

how abt longest side 500 pixels? that shld be easier

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    how abt longest side 500 pixels? that shld be easier
    Okay, the pic shall be 500px at the longest side.

That is fantastic idea.
    Would be great if the judge can at least comment on why he or she judges the top 3 images as 1st 2nd 3rd.

Though a little more work, I think it is a good thing as it will stimulate a lot of thoughts into choosing a great image out of the many good ones. Hopefully it will also encourage us to be more critique of our own image prior to submission to other competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by expro View Post
    Here's my suggestion, if there are no objection.
    We'll get the ball rolling this Thursday (16/12).

The Rules...
    The host gives you a topic and an image to get you going. You post an image. The host chooses the winner. The decision of the judge (the Host!) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person.

The time frame...
    The challenge will run for 11 days, so that it cover at least 2 weekend.
    It will start on a Thursday 8pm, close on Monday 8pm (11 days from the start date).
    Winner to be announce on Wednesday 8pm.
    The winner will have one day to come up with a new challenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are some guidelines:
    Either embed your image in the thread or supply a link to it. Click on preview to make sure it's what you want. Provide any additional information you want.
    You may enter up to *three* pictures, but try to put them within a single post. Also, please give a title to each photo...makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.
    Great, so I assume u will be starting the ball rolling.. tomorrow it is, theme and rules and regulations. I think we need to place it in a different folder (forum). maybe the admin or moderators can do something?

haha so exciting i cant wait! then got more reason to go shoot with a purpose now haha!
    Canon 6D | Sony A7II w Metabones IV | Lenses and Flash

Hi. I just saw this... and it seems like a splendid idea. Does anyone have any limits on the type of shots?
    or the number of entries per person allowed?
    also, is Photoshop allowed?
    Time to clean the cobwebs off my old lenses again....
    This sounds like fun !!!

Thanx
    Last edited by michael chick; 15th December 2010 at 04:19 AM.
    Sharpen You Skill, and NOT your Lens....

Hi there, I support this idea! Commendations to TS for coming up and organising it!

Matt
    flickr
    Memories From A Canon EOS 7D

Blog Entries

ok. when thurs comes, start a new thread. i'm not sure the newbies corner/techtalk might be the best place though.

Quote Originally Posted by roaringflamer View Post
    haha so exciting i cant wait! then got more reason to go shoot with a purpose now haha!
    Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    Hi. I just saw this... and it seems like a splendid idea. Does anyone have any limits on the type of shots?
    or the number of entries per person allowed?
    also, is Photoshop allowed?
    Time to clean the cobwebs off my old lenses again....
    This sounds like fun !!!

Thanx
    Good questions
    I dont know though.

For genre, if it is not safe for work (NSFW) do include a link to the image and perhaps put a warning rather than direct post.
    For number of photos, I have taken part in a fair number of these on my local flickr groups. usually max 2 is allowed. (we hold it every 2 weeks)
    personally, I have no problems with having photoshopping involved. Perhaps not too overly done like super composites... unless the theme is artistics/creatives
    but if it is general editing like colour corrections, pseudo blur/tiltshifting etc I think it is ok since the same can be done on film albeit more time consuming/difficult.

may be a bit disadvantaged to those who dont use or dont own powerful softwares but free softwares like GIMP etc can be just as good just need some additional effort to use it.
    I am all for getting it right in camera, but in this digital edge adding some more to get that extra ooomph is a good thing too

Quote Originally Posted by yc2005 View Post
    I would suggest it to be a monthly thing?
    1st of the month: Theme announced
    20th: Closed for voting by CS members
    30th: Winner announced
    Cycle repeats...
    I think this is a great idea to start with. However since we are almost near the mid of the month and its near X-mas, might as well we have a special occasion for this month? we can announce the theme on the 16th, closed for short-listing on the 24th, and announce the winner on X-mas! Wouldn't it be a good X-mas present for the winner? This is so exciting but there's so many things to sort out ya?

I definitely wouldn't agree to photoshop, original is still the BEST!

Number of entries i would suggest 1 per person, otherwise the judge or host will have a big headache sorting out so many photos.

My suggestion to the theme would definitely be on X-mas.
    Maybe X-mas lighting/gifts/trees etc.

Can't wait! Cheers!

@ lsfchris

Xmas theme? Awww Mannn !! This year's lights SUCK BIG TIME !!!! Deepavali Lights was so much nicer !!!

its thursday already!! so how?????? where is the thread? what is the theme..

i think this will be rather cool, if lets say clubsnap organises its own shoot... then CS members need not wait for those big events then can shoot liao...

I must admit that when I saw this thread, I thought it would peter out after a while for lack of interest and follow through.

Kudos to TS and all those who contributed for their efforts

So, does anyone have a topic already? I'm itching to dust-off my lenses....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast