Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on tripods

Quote Originally Posted by skyflash
    Any idea when the stock will arrive? I am considering to get a tripod too.
    giottos MT series tripod had arrived at CP.
    managed to get my set today.

Adrain - I think you have not quite told us what type of equipment you have and how you intend to use your tripod. If you have heavy equipment and long lenses, you'll need some stability. On the other hand, if you are travelling, do you really want to lug a huge and heavy tripod around? There has to be some compromises here, EVEN IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY BIG BUCKS.

I just got my Manfrotto 055ProB and 488RC4 ballhead - aiming for the acratech ultimate ball head.

Is the central column slight filmsy and acceptable quality from Manfrotto??? Or I really need to stablized it with heavy weight at the bottom?

i'm wondering is Giottos are good ballheads. Please advise?

Quote Originally Posted by crazypaladin
    I just got my Manfrotto 055ProB and 488RC4 ballhead - aiming for the acratech ultimate ball head.

Is the central column slight filmsy and acceptable quality from Manfrotto??? Or I really need to stablized it with heavy weight at the bottom?
    Perhaps you might want to have a read:
    http://www.bythom.com/support.htm

Many people fall into the same "trap" as what he describe - and wasted good money on the way to the ultimate setup. He advocates going straight for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian
    Actually i have seem couple of new carbon fiber tripods at CP. They are made in China. Price is below $200. Any comments on these tripods?
    huh ???? you saw carbon fiber tripods at CP? How come I never see it? The ones on the table undernerth the vests are made of Aluminium alloy if I am not wrong.

Uhmm... there is a HUGE collection of carbon fibre tripods at CP Peninsular. It is not in the main shop, but at a smaller shop (it's still part of CP) directly opposite. In there, you can buy a wide range of camera support systems. Many tripods and ballheads to choose from. They also sell other stuff like camera plates, leg warmers, tripod bags etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12