Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polaroid Cameras

Default Polaroid Cameras

hi guys, i dun know if this is the right thread to post, i'll try anyway

i'm looking to buy a polaroid for my gf, i went to funan today.

i asked, SLR Revo, Alan Photo and John 3:16 and a few more other shops like Bally

they dun carry polaroid cameras, only 3:16 have it but they dun have stock for it..

if there any other places i can get 1??
    what model is recommended??probably budget would be ard $100 w film, cos my gf not very savvy, she just wants a polaroid...

help would be appreciated, trying to get 1 for her before she goes KL next weekend

Default Re: Polaroid Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post

i asked, SLR Revo, Alan Photo and John 3:16 and a few more other shops like Bally

they dun carry polaroid cameras, only 3:16 have it but they dun have stock for it..

what model is recommended??probably budget would be ard $100 w film, cos my gf not very savvy, she just wants a polaroid...

help would be appreciated, trying to get 1 for her before she goes KL next weekend
    dude, try this http://www.thirtysix.com.sg/
    You’ve got to push yourself harder.

Deregistered

If you're looking for the old polaroid.Only 2nd hand is available.

If you're looking for the Fujifilm Instax,most Fujifilm film developing shops(Peninsula Plaza opp Bata) will sell it...

but it does work like a polaroid right??
    the film is reloadable right??

It's really not rocket science to find that out on your own, you know.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/ins...instax_mini_7/
    Alpha

The only NEW polaroid cameras around are from Fuji, e.g. the Fuji Instax mini which uses "water-proof"/"water-resistant" credit size polaroid films with a plastic protection layer on it. Of course other than this model, Fuji has the wide instax and some others.

The Polaroid company has ceased but is being revived. Check this out: http://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/film

In Singapore, here is one site which sells them: http://madecineshop.com/ (these are USED polaroid cameras)

In clubsnap, you find all the bargains here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/searc...rchid=12870949

ALL polaroid cameras are "reloadable". You need to buy polaroid films to put in and shoot to produce polaroids.

Of course, if you know eBay, the cheapest bargains are usually in there, but contains some risks.

Polaroid cameras are usually inexpensive, BUT the films are Expensive! The type of polaroid camera you choose determine the type/s of polaroid films it uses, and thus determine your "future investment" in shooting polaroids. The most expensive polaroid films today are the ones which has stopped production, the same ones being re-introduced in http://shop.the-impossible-project.com/shop/film

If you can buy in KL, there are a few shops in KL which sells them, and they are generally cheaper than Singapore.

Good Luck.

You ought to learn how to use the polaroid so you can teach her. Especially since she's "not very savvy". I mean, yeah, not trying to dumb both of you down, but don't you think it would be quite useless to buy a $100 camera that you're not sure how to use?
    Olympian

This is probably my misconception
    I probably thought that I'll just need to load in the film and she can start taking pictures not like dslr where I have to control the exposure settings

I'll probably get 1 hands on myself before I pass to her

Thanks for all valuable info

First thing to get most people facts right is that Polaroid is a BRAND. The type of film are call instant film. In short they are call instant film camera not Polaroid. Anyway if you are looking for Polaroid camera and films (the impossible project remade one) SGCameraStore has them. For Madecineshop, you need to buy their camera or they won't sell you the films as stock is limited. Original Polaroid 600 films are all expired already and second hand market don't have much of such films. The one common in the market now are Fuji instant films.
    Last edited by wootsk; 11th December 2010 at 10:31 AM.

think i probably got it wrong...i thought polaroid is the type of camera..
    my bad...

Deregistered

sgcamerastore front display shop has more than 40 over types of Old Polaroid cameras up for sales , their store inside has more , u can drop by their shop to take a look at different types. sometime , the model i want they can get it for me . they also have those old polaroid carrying bags which no longer can get
    Last edited by generalsales; 11th December 2010 at 10:48 PM.

just to share with everybody,
    i finally got the instant camera from this website call camerahysteria

got a fuji instax 7s @ 134 sounds like a pretty good deal to me

to those who wanna get might wanna try getting from this guy, i would believe its cheaper den retail

well i got mine instax 7s at only $125 plus 1 free pack of flim
    UK HMS Photojournalist

Or you can use this one for free

http://www.manuelbarzi.com/

Deregistered

just to share with everybody,
    i finally got the instant camera from this website call camerahysteria

got a fuji instax 7s @ 134 sounds like a pretty good deal to me

to those who wanna get might wanna try getting from this guy, i would believe its cheaper den retail
    The last time i checked,Fujifilm film developing shops are selling it at $119 with 1 pack(10 shots) of film

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    The last time i checked,Fujifilm film developing shops are selling it at $119 with 1 pack(10 shots) of film
    hi...instax 7 takes mini instax which essential are credit card size films right?
    any cheap cameras (around 100-ish region) that can take the old-sch instant film size (is "wide format" the right word to used?).
    My Flickr
    EOS 7D | BG-E7 | EF 85mm F1.8 | EF-S10-22 F3.5-4.5 | EF-S17-55 F2.8 | 430EXII

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by w3iw3n View Post
    hi...instax 7 takes mini instax which essential are credit card size films right?
    any cheap cameras (around 100-ish region) that can take the old-sch instant film size (is "wide format" the right word to used?).
    Fujifilm Instax 210 takes the standard size films(Also more expensive)...

WTF...doesnt seems like i get a good deal now...

OT here but there are those $100-ish pocket size digital camera which are easy to use and using memory cards means user prints only what they want.

is there any particular reason want to use the instant cameras? The instax cameras not exactly small either.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    OT here but there are those $100-ish pocket size digital camera which are easy to use and using memory cards means user prints only what they want.

is there any particular reason want to use the instant cameras? The instax cameras not exactly small either.
    Cos its 'cute' , 'fashion' and maybe the 'in' thing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast