Thread: Need Advice - UWA lens for indoor.

Default Need Advice - UWA lens for indoor.

Hi fellow CSer!

Xmas party is drawing near and it is time to put my 550d into good use. I am intending to use my tokina 11-16 UWA during my xmas party but I am afraid that the photos may not turn out nice. I appreciate any useful advice and things to note when using UWA indoor.

TIA!

Default Re: Need Advice - UWA lens for indoor.

many people's faces will get distorted

try to aim ur subjects in the middle. where distortion is the least.
    flickr - Nikon D700

Some usage is ok, but you need to go near enough. Otherwise, the perspective distortion pushes away the subjects and may not look nice.
    The best is to look for examples of non landscape UWA use on flickr.

I like to use UWA indoor because my object will not know that he/she is actually inside the frame. This can be done when you go real close to them.
    Last edited by xavye; 10th December 2010 at 06:52 PM.

ts. try this. Go close to your subject and place them away from the side of the fame.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

it is really a challenge to use uwa lens for party shoot . . . subjects may look funny and distorted but i feel that it warrant for some creativity here.

I tried twice and i am still exploring . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

this kind of party shoots are suppose to be fun, distortion can be used creatively in this sense. what's most important is to capture the fun and festive feel of the party.

if you try to be technically correct in all the shots, then you may miss out on the fun shots

Let's not forget the flash topic. With UWA you'll end up with a bright spot in the center and the rest drops into darkness when using P mode without further adjustments. The lens might even cast a shadow when using onboard flash. Do use diffusers, bounce technique or other means of spreading the light really far.
    EOS