Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Recommended Compact Camera

  1. #1

    Default Recommended Compact Camera

    Hi, anyone can recommend a PnS camera? I'm planning to get one. My budget is around 300-400$. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member makolit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Recommended Compact Camera

    the canon ixus range would be suitable. lots of choices on that range alone.
    is using a digital camera that works ...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Recommended Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by makolit View Post
    the canon ixus range would be suitable. lots of choices on that range alone.
    Thanks. What are things to consider for PnS? is zoom range important?

  4. #4
    Member makolit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Recommended Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    Thanks. What are things to consider for PnS? is zoom range important?
    it's personal preference and depends on what you want to shoot.
    for me, i have a very energetic kid who is awake until midnight. so my considerations are fast shutter speed, good low-light and good AF. as most new cameras have these anyway, i've added the shockproof, waterproof and dustproof features to my criteria.

    a quick look at canon's current line up online, personally i'd go for the powershot D10 or the ixus 300 HS but both cost above 400 SGD SRP. ixus 210 (14MP) is 399 from the canon website and the powershot SX120 (has 10x zoom) as well.

    is using a digital camera that works ...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Recommended Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    Hi, anyone can recommend a PnS camera? I'm planning to get one. My budget is around 300-400$. Thanks!
    check out these links. In the order of cost.
    2010-buying-guide-top-5-premium-compacts
    2010-buying-guide-top-5-compacts-150-250
    2010-top-10-best-cheap-compact-digital-cameras

    2010 group travel zoom/

    and this last one
    http://************/2vm8qzw
    Last edited by coolthought; 9th December 2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  6. #6

    Default Re: Recommended Compact Camera

    Yours is about the 50th "recommend a compact camera" thread with the same 300-400 budget. Please do consider a search next time.
    Alpha

  7. #7

    Default Re: Recommended Compact Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by makolit View Post
    it's personal preference and depends on what you want to shoot.
    for me, i have a very energetic kid who is awake until midnight. so my considerations are fast shutter speed, good low-light and good AF. as most new cameras have these anyway, i've added the shockproof, waterproof and dustproof features to my criteria.

    a quick look at canon's current line up online, personally i'd go for the powershot D10 or the ixus 300 HS but both cost above 400 SGD SRP. ixus 210 (14MP) is 399 from the canon website and the powershot SX120 (has 10x zoom) as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yours is about the 50th "recommend a compact camera" thread with the same 300-400 budget. Please do consider a search next time.
    Thanks people. Appreciate it

  8. #8

    Default Re: Recommended Compact Camera

    fujifilm f80exr!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •