Thread: Photoshop Actions for Download

Default Photoshop Actions for Download

Hi,

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...rt_sharp.shtml

After reading this excellent tutorial on smart sharpening, I created a couple of actions to do sharpening and noise reduction automatically and smartly. It's truly amazing (the concept, not my actions). I had wanted to buy Fred Miranda's actions, but I'm chugging along on Photoshop 4.0, and his actions worked only for PS 6.0 and above. Now I've made them myself for free!

Basically, you use "Find Edges" to create a mask of the edges in the picture. For EdgeSharpen, you sharpen only the edges, whereas for NoiseReduction you use the median filter only on the flat areas, while avoiding the edges.

The actions are optimized for web-sized images ie 600 x 400 pixels. So resize your pictures before applying the actions. The values used are fairly conservative, so you can repeat the action two or three times to taste. You can also vary the strength of the action if you want.

Do try them and let me know if they work in PS 6.0 and above.

Download here:
    EdgeSharpen and NoiseReduction

BTW the most recent set of street photos (beach and mimefest) were prepared using these actions. And you thought I actually bought an L lens....

thanks...its very useful

Default Re: Photoshop Actions for Download

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    Hi,

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...rt_sharp.shtml

After reading this excellent tutorial on smart sharpening, I created a couple of actions to do sharpening and noise reduction automatically and smartly. It's truly amazing (the concept, not my actions). I had wanted to buy Fred Miranda's actions, but I'm chugging along on Photoshop 4.0, and his actions worked only for PS 6.0 and above. Now I've made them myself for free!

Basically, you use "Find Edges" to create a mask of the edges in the picture. For EdgeSharpen, you sharpen only the edges, whereas for NoiseReduction you use the median filter only on the flat areas, while avoiding the edges.

The actions are optimized for web-sized images ie 600 x 400 pixels. So resize your pictures before applying the actions. The values used are fairly conservative, so you can repeat the action two or three times to taste. You can also vary the strength of the action if you want.

Do try them and let me know if they work in PS 6.0 and above.

Download here:
    EdgeSharpen and NoiseReduction

BTW the most recent set of street photos (beach and mimefest) were prepared using these actions. And you thought I actually bought an L lens....
    i've downloaded the file, so what do u do next in order to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoZ View Post
    i've downloaded the file, so what do u do next in order to use it?
    load into ur photoshop if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by elfvin View Post
    load into ur photoshop if you have one.
    then the question would be how do i load it. i double click on the file and nothing happens..

then the question would be how do i load it. i double click on the file and nothing happens..
    drag it into your action palatte..

it doesn't seem to work for CS 2.. i tried it out but it says a lot of comman not found, i did the masking, but it masked the whole imaged instead. so how do i delete the file from my photoshop now??

Thanks for the link!

It works a treat.

it doesn't seem to work for CS 2.. i tried it out but it says a lot of comman not found, i did the masking, but it masked the whole imaged instead. so how do i delete the file from my photoshop now??
    CS2 got smart sharpening... you should get similar results.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    CS2 got smart sharpening... you should get similar results.

icic.. so how can i remove the application file from my photoshop??