Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303538394041424550 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IX)

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IX)

Pardon me for my ramblings.

Have not been around much as I have been convalescing outside Singapore. When I returned and checked up on what's the latest, I'm very surprised so much has happened.

It is going to be a sad and quiet start without big brother DD around to advise us anymore. With people talking about members here wanting fame saddens me even further. I thought we started with the idea of sharing moments together while capturing the beauty of the Sun.

With Wildcat seeming to be clearing his dry cabinet, will I still recognize SunChasersSG when I decide to return to photography? Will I still have friends I have made in the past 1 year? To lose connection to a friend is very sad, even worse when he or she decides to leave under a certain dark cloud.

I am nowhere near the level of you guys, but I just love the camaraderie we shared while we peek into another world through the viewfinder. I don't wish to lose any of that. In fact, I would love to meet you all outside the realm of photography too, cos you all make great swell pals!

Again, sorry for my rambling, but ...

Just hope you all have a great New Year's Celebration.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Brothers and Sisters,

I am organizing a Newbies Outing Part 22 on 8th January 2011.

Seeking permission to go ahead (especially from Master Kevin aka ZCA ... afterall, historically it has been your outing actually, *smiles*) and of course, most importantly, your support!

Will be putting it up tomorrow, 1st Jan 2011.

Cheers!
    Last edited by dingaroo; 31st December 2010 at 04:11 PM.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Brothers and Sisters,

Seeking permission to go ahead (especially from Master Kevin aka ZCA ... afterall, historically it has been your outing actually, *smiles*) and of course, most importantly, your support!

Cheers!
    Thanks a lot bro. Will try my best to support if possible. Maybe just walk about if I don't have camera anymore

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    happy new year to all sunchasersg and may 2011 would be a wonderful year for all!
    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Happy new year to all sunchasers. May the new year be rewards of more wonderful photos and gears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post

To all SunChasers,

A relaxed mind, A peacefull soul, A joyfull sprit, A healthy body, A heart full of love...
    All these are my prayer for you.

Enjoy the spirit of Happy New Year 2011 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Happy New Year to everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR... to all SUNCAHSERS
    Happy New Year to you guys also (doubly so to Jacobs for super big fonts). Hope all have received big camera presents for Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    got more photos? Can pm me your flickr account so that I can add you? thanks.
    CT - PM U alreadi - what I have on flickr is what you see in CS (give me time to upload more in 2011).. PM me your flickr account as well

Pardon me for my ramblings.
    Just hope you all have a great New Year's Celebration.
    I didn't know DD leaving CS for good.. I thought he just away for short holiday, as for WC, he is not switching/upgrading but clearing Dry Cabinet.. Guess that is why I am still a newbie in CS

Brothers and Sisters,
    In Queue!!.. Supportive!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    ]
    A relaxed mind, A peacefull soul, A joyfull sprit, A healthy body, A heart full of love...
    All these are my prayer for you.
    Bro Jacobs - Borrow "greetings " from U..

To all SunChasers,

Enjoy the spirit of Happy New Year 2011 !!!

Brothers and Sisters,

Cheers!
    cya on the 8th then!!

Bro ding, thanks for adding your voice of calm and level-headedness.

Let's put any unhappy thoughts from 2010 behind us, and just look forward to more sun-chasing and happy times
    I will try my best to assist in the outing on 8th. It's my b'day weekend, but I think I can still spare some time.

Actually I would like some feedback from those who had attended the previous outing(s) as newbies. I think the intention is there but the execution is a bit lacking. Would genuinely like those who come for the outing feeling 'blur', to leave feeling like they at least learnt something.
    I thought the whole "seniors-newbies" idea was good at the beginning, but it seems we're being mistaken as a group trying to 'gain fame' or whatever you call it. Perhaps some changes are in order for the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Actually I would like some feedback from those who had attended the previous outing(s) as newbies. I think the intention is there but the execution is a bit lacking. Would genuinely like those who come for the outing feeling 'blur', to leave feeling like they at least learnt something.
    I thought the whole "seniors-newbies" idea was good at the beginning, but it seems we're being mistaken as a group trying to 'gain fame' or whatever you call it. Perhaps some changes are in order for the new year.
    Not sure if you will get newbie feedback here
    I joined outing once as "independent shooter", enjoy the session.. put a few faces to nicks.. achieve my "goals"...

newbies comes in all shapes and forms.. not sure what is the best way to "help".. I guess if those willing to learn are willing to ask, then I will assume those willing to teach will be willing to tell.. I for one, will be willing to share whatever I know at such outings, if anyone is confident about my limited skills in landscape shoots and want to ask me about techniques..

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Bro ding, thanks for adding your voice of calm and level-headedness.

Let's put any unhappy thoughts from 2010 behind us, and just look forward to more sun-chasing and happy times
    I will try my best to assist in the outing on 8th. It's my b'day weekend, but I think I can still spare some time.

Not sure what the thoughts of the rest are, but for me, it's always been primary 1 learn from those who know, become primary 2 or 3, then begin teaching primary 1. Then eventually those who are primary 1 or 2 will also become primary 3 or 4 and can teach others who are willing to learn also.

Some things I won't bother with - people who won't learn, and people who are selfish.

Unfortunately, my weekends are also packed with either courses or studies for the week after's exams (yes, since Nov and most likely till after Feb, afterwhich I will be looking for a job), thus I have not been organizing any outings. I will try to help out whenever I can and if no one else is helping, otherwise if I see there's enough people helping then I will take a backstage.

happy new year to all sunchasers.....cheers..

today is 1-1-11

good night...

Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc
    today is 1-1-11

good night...
    Happy new year and good night/morning!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Happy new year Manita!

And the same to the rest
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Happy new year and good night/morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Happy new year Manita!

And the same to the rest
    Happy New Year to you guys too

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Happy New Year to you guys too
    Happy New 2011 year to all SUNCHASERS!!!

fun outing this morning...

Thank you so much to our 'advance party' who did the recce trip earlier. Your efforts are sincerely much appreciated. Otherwise maybe we'd still be there now

Happy New Year to all!

Kevin, no issues la. The recce was fun as well! Glad we all managed to get out in 1 piece, without losing or gaining any member hehe

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn
    Happy New Year to all!

Kevin, no issues la. The recce was fun as well! Glad we all managed to get out in 1 piece, without losing or gaining any member hehe
    I think the part in bold was our main concern.

Aiya actually just now jeezuinn and I didn't have to take a bus back. Should have gotten my keys from my maid for the 'horse' logo car.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    I think the part in bold was our main concern.

Aiya actually just now jeezuinn and I didn't have to take a bus back. Should have gotten my keys from my maid for the 'horse' logo car.
    Never mind la... I think Scania (or was it Volvo) better
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra
    Never mind la... I think Scania (or was it Volvo) better
    Some Merz leh... Think the older ones. If Lawrence was with us he'll be busy with his bamboo.

Wah piang eh. Go breakfast in the end kena pull into macro. Poisonous guys....