Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627303550 ... LastLast

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IX)

Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part IX)

Wah piang..study accounting and doing to be an event guide or phone banking officer..

I think you should go for futher study and get a better job after finish the 3 years university live.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Wah piang..study accounting and doing to be an event guide or phone banking officer..

I think you should go for futher study and get a better job after finish the 3 years university live.
    Got about 6 months after i ORD till my studies, so working temp in mean time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    Studied diploma in accounting.
    Bro... for accounting I strongly recommend you further your studies, if possible. CPA is minimum req to survive in accounting world bro.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro... for accounting I strongly recommend you further your studies, if possible. CPA is minimum req to survive in accounting world bro.
    I do intend to, but my course starts only in Aug, so i'm intending to work from feb to aug

Blog Entries

I do intend to, but my course starts only in Aug, so i'm intending to work from feb to aug
    Oh ok...

I'll see if my side needs a temp staff also.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Oh ok...

What's a good ideal.. after work can gather to SSS & BBB..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Oh ok...

I also looking for technician...

But my boss wants a mature-age worker...
    Exploring! :)

Er got 2 interviews coming up. 1 is events guide at Universal studios, another is banking phone officer at a foreign bank. Both have equally attractive pay, and both have very crazy working hours, including working OT/weekends/pub hols. I just thought i'd do some research to know more about the companies before actually going for the interview
    If just between the 2, and knowing it's a temporary job, I would pick the USS one.
    You'll have an opportunity to pick up some other soft skills which might come in handy in future.
    That being said, getting your foot in the door at a bank can be beneficial too... jialat. tough choice.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    If just between the 2, and knowing it's a temporary job, I would pick the USS one.
    You'll have an opportunity to pick up some other soft skills which might come in handy in future.
    That being said, getting your foot in the door at a bank can be beneficial too... jialat. tough choice.
    I'm more inclined towards the USS as well actually, but i'll still go for the interviews. Ultimately i just want a job for this period of time.

Good morning..............

this I beg to differ. CPA will help greatly to advance your career in accounting especially if you are going to work in MNC and govt link companies. However, to survive, even an ITE grad in accounting will do well provided he found the right company and with right work attitude. The fact that most of the work can still be quite manual. Just found out last night, that an ITE grad was getting a $3k+ salary monthly. (with the right experience of course)

PS. Now this is making me tempting to think of a mid life career change. nah.... can't imagine doing monthly closing.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

I'm more inclined towards the USS as well actually, but i'll still go for the interviews. Ultimately i just want a job for this period of time.
    just imagine when you graduate and was looking for a job. Your CV, 6 month work in USS when applying for an accounting position. What will your prospective employer think when compare to a temp job in a bank?

Quote Originally Posted by MGohzxc View Post
    Good morning..............
    Good morning.

I also looking for technician...

But my boss wants a mature-age worker...
    whaha
    ask him to put some beard / grow them.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    just imagine when you graduate and was looking for a job. Your CV, 6 month work in USS when applying for an accounting position. What will your prospective employer think when compare to a temp job in a bank?
    very very valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    very very valid point.
    for me, I will just "hack care" about it and go for the USS job. This is the probably the only opportunity to experience such an interesting job that you probably won't get it after graduating.

ps. sounds a bit contradictory. One is think with the brain and the other the heart.

Morning folks!

Jobs and Careers again eh? Do take note... Not everyone who studies for a particular field of specialty will end up with a life-long career in it!

I was in Commerce stream during my O and A levels, my accounting grades while not the best in class but aren't the worst either...Always in the range of "A"s... Then when it came to graduating in "A" levels and looking further in life... First thing that came to my mind was: "I've been through hell for 4 years just to achieve that grade, you mean I have to go through 4 more in greater intensity + LCCI + ACCA?"... I basically didn't see a life I want to go through with relation to numbers - no doubt it pays great and the job is in great demand...but I want my life... I looked elsewhere... "Hey, computers look fun!" Studied hell for it... and in the end, I'm not in the Computer line... But the experiences were useful...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 22nd December 2010 at 10:57 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Morning folks!

Jobs and Careers again eh? Do take note... Not everyone who studies for a particular field of specialty will end up with a career in it!

I was in Commerce stream during my O and A levels, my accounting grades while not the best in class but aren't the worst either...Always in the range of "A"s... Then when it came to graduating in "A" levels and looking further in life... First thing that came to my mind was: "I've been through hell for 4 years just to achieve that grade, you mean I have to go through 4 more in greater intensity + LCCI + ACCA?"... I basically didn't see a life I want to go through with relating to numbers - no doubt it pays great and the job is in great demand...but I want my life... I looked elsewhere... "Hey, computers look fun!" Studied hell for it... and in the end, I'm not in the Computer line... But the experiences were useful...
    Agreed with you..

I'm graduate in computer science but end-up doing sales & distribution..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought

this I beg to differ. CPA will help greatly to advance your career in accounting especially if you are going to work in MNC and govt link companies. However, to survive, even an ITE grad in accounting will do well provided he found the right company and with right work attitude. The fact that most of the work can still be quite manual. Just found out last night, that an ITE grad was getting a $3k+ salary monthly. (with the right experience of course)

PS. Now this is making me tempting to think of a mid life career change. nah.... can't imagine doing monthly closing.
    Ok let me change my choice of words. Not survive. But to do well and advance in Accounting work.

And with good and right exp, 3+k is not what I consider 'doing good'. Sorry maybe my personal yardstick is too high.

worst.. i am doing electrical engineering in poly then deg... now working as QHSE engineer (Management system Auditor)
    nothing related... haha