Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

  1. #21

    Talking Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    LOL. just to clear up a myth... i used to take testostorone pills when working out. it doesn't make u angry like the hulk. it's just a myth.

    true, you might get a little irritated, but you won't feel like wanting to bash someone's head in.

    but u should report this to the police. it's not only for your benefit, but also for the sake of others.
    I have since gone for rehab and now a jolly old chap.
    Nikon glass, tools for the art

  2. #22
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
    I have since gone for rehab and now a jolly old chap.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    How come this weirdo is your buddy
    Technically a smart lawyer can get him off the hook. The steroid made him do it. He was not at fault. Because he cannot help it.

    By the way, is this weirdo straight
    Yah, read some things about strange people hanging out at gyms. Not really because they like to exercise. They are looking for something else.

    Stay away. Unless you are that kind too.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    You could try to make a police report, but they won't actually do anything since it appears to be a non seizable offence. Likely they'll ask you to file a Magistrates complaint. If the judge thinks that it's worth investigating then the police will do work. Still need the police report first i think.

    Yes, your options for recourse do seem rather pathetic, but that appears to be the way it is. Lots of people have kicked up a big fuss about it on the papers in the past.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    I have made a police report, followed up on the police medical report and have filed a complain at the subordinate court.

    Right now, I will just have to wait and see if the police is going to take action. Else, i will have to engage a lawyer or prosecute him myself.

    I just hope justice will be served in the end.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I have made a police report, followed up on the police medical report and have filed a complain at the subordinate court.

    Right now, I will just have to wait and see if the police is going to take action. Else, i will have to engage a lawyer or prosecute him myself.
    Please update us with the result of your case. I am interested to know the outcome, and I think it was a terrible thing to happen to anyone at all. I hope you recover soon.

  7. #27
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I have made a police report, followed up on the police medical report and have filed a complain at the subordinate court.

    Right now, I will just have to wait and see if the police is going to take action. Else, i will have to engage a lawyer or prosecute him myself.

    I just hope justice will be served in the end.
    Good luck bro. You have our support.

  8. #28
    Member kwttan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Concrete jungle
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I have made a police report, followed up on the police medical report and have filed a complain at the subordinate court.

    Right now, I will just have to wait and see if the police is going to take action. Else, i will have to engage a lawyer or prosecute him myself.

    I just hope justice will be served in the end.

    If police is not going to take action against this assault case, why do we need them for?

    Tell the investigating officer that if SPF is not taking necessary action or give a good answer, tell them you will write to the ministers. These people will chicken out when their job is at risk.

    Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law K SHANMUGAM
    64787090 k_shanmugam@mlaw.gov.sg
    Personal Assistant Ms Irene OW
    64787090 irene_ow@mha.gov.sg
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    If police is not going to take action against this assault case, why do we need them for?

    Tell the investigating officer that if SPF is not taking necessary action or give a good answer, tell them you will write to the ministers. These people will chicken out when their job is at risk.

    Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law K SHANMUGAM
    64787090 k_shanmugam@mlaw.gov.sg
    Personal Assistant Ms Irene OW
    64787090 irene_ow@mha.gov.sg
    I don't mean if they are going to drop the case. But whether or not the attorney general decides to pursue it is another matter. Ie public prosecutor. Else I will need to engage a private lawyer and pursue with the proceedings. Which was why I was asking if I should continue if the AG decides not to go ahead.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I don't mean if they are going to drop the case. But whether or not the attorney general decides to pursue it is another matter. Ie public prosecutor. Else I will need to engage a private lawyer and pursue with the proceedings. Which was why I was asking if I should continue if the AG decides not to go ahead.
    Don't worry too much, let the preceding take shape itself. For you, what's more important is to hold onto your evidence and get legal advise from a professional. In other words, you should make your trip of a law firm for a consultation session.

    In this way, you'll not only get a bigger picture, but also you'll get things right.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

  11. #31

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    We are behind you. Violent does not solve problem.

    Keep us updated.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Either way, Karma wise, What goes around comes around. Justice will prevail one way or the other.
    It's your mental and physical health that's more important.
    Nikon glass, tools for the art

  13. #33

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    If police is not going to take action against this assault case, why do we need them for?

    Tell the investigating officer that if SPF is not taking necessary action or give a good answer, tell them you will write to the ministers. These people will chicken out when their job is at risk.

    Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law K SHANMUGAM
    64787090 k_shanmugam@mlaw.gov.sg
    Personal Assistant Ms Irene OW
    64787090 irene_ow@mha.gov.sg

    Dunno lei, when someone say wanna "burn" the MIW, you see the police swaming.

    When a citizen gets beated up, civilian case, cannot interfere?

    I dunno what the law protects these days

  14. #34

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    I guess there are many cases like this reported each day.

    They will try to discourage from pursuing to reduce workload I guess? Only really punish the major ones like murder, etc.

  15. #35
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I guess there are many cases like this reported each day.

    They will try to discourage from pursuing to reduce workload I guess? Only really punish the major ones like murder, etc.
    Well.. Isn't Hurt a major offense and means jail time, or fine, or caning here in Singapore? I strongly believe it is. It's under Chapter XVI of the Singapore Penal Code. You have physical proof and witnesses to the deed. I say, be relentless and don't accept no for an answer.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Well.. Isn't Hurt a major offense and means jail time, or fine, or caning here in Singapore? I strongly believe it is. It's under Chapter XVI of the Singapore Penal Code. You have physical proof and witnesses to the deed. I say, be relentless and don't accept no for an answer.
    Not true. It'd all depend on other factors, such as type and severity of injuries, nature of dispute and many others (ask a lawyer). It doesn't means "OH MY YOU TOUCH ME! YOU HURT ME! I SUE YOU" that kind...

    But for TS's case, it's quite obvious that the injury qualifies for an inquiry, worse when he got threatened. That's why many here suggest TS to raise a case, (my opinion) via a lawyer to the AGC)
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

  17. #37
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    Not true. It'd all depend on other factors, such as type and severity of injuries, nature of dispute and many others (ask a lawyer). It doesn't means "OH MY YOU TOUCH ME! YOU HURT ME! I SUE YOU" that kind...

    But for TS's case, it's quite obvious that the injury qualifies for an inquiry, worse when he got threatened. That's why many here suggest TS to raise a case, (my opinion) via a lawyer to the AGC)
    Which is not true? That's actually my point as well. I just chose not to put it here because I feel it's not important. We're not talking about other people's experiences here so why bother?

    Anyway, TS mentioned he's having difficulty swallowing and getting frequent dizziness, IIRC. All are physical proof that he had been assaulted. If the police shrugs him off which is what some were trying to put across, go to a hospital and get a medical report, take photos of the bruises, date them and take a trip to the liar, err... lawyer. You'll be surprised how much help and enlightenment you can get from these people.
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 8th December 2010 at 06:35 PM.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    I dunno if civil action is worth the trouble (never had to do it), but I hope they go ahead with criminal proceedings against him. "Chocolate or vanilla" sounds like an disagreement between 6-yr olds!

    Did this all take place at the gym? If it did, you might want to consider asking management to kick him out and ban him -- don't think you'll want to be working out anywhere ard him in future!

  19. #39
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    If police is not going to take action against this assault case, why do we need them for?

    Tell the investigating officer that if SPF is not taking necessary action or give a good answer, tell them you will write to the ministers. These people will chicken out when their job is at risk.

    Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law K SHANMUGAM
    64787090 k_shanmugam@mlaw.gov.sg
    Personal Assistant Ms Irene OW
    64787090 irene_ow@mha.gov.sg
    I believe you need to obtain a magistrate's order if its classified as VCH. No need to provide big boss number to encourage people to complain against officers. I met very helpful officers, don't assume they are unwilling to help.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

    I'm just interested to know the gym buddy's side of the story.

    Perhaps TS provoked him in a way not mentioned in TS' testimony. The cause for violence seems too fickle.
    Olympian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •