Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

Talking Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    LOL. just to clear up a myth... i used to take testostorone pills when working out. it doesn't make u angry like the hulk. it's just a myth.

true, you might get a little irritated, but you won't feel like wanting to bash someone's head in.

but u should report this to the police. it's not only for your benefit, but also for the sake of others.
    I have since gone for rehab and now a jolly old chap.
    Nikon glass, tools for the art

Blog Entries

Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
    I have since gone for rehab and now a jolly old chap.

How come this weirdo is your buddy
    Technically a smart lawyer can get him off the hook. The steroid made him do it. He was not at fault. Because he cannot help it.

By the way, is this weirdo straight
    Yah, read some things about strange people hanging out at gyms. Not really because they like to exercise. They are looking for something else.

Stay away. Unless you are that kind too.

You could try to make a police report, but they won't actually do anything since it appears to be a non seizable offence. Likely they'll ask you to file a Magistrates complaint. If the judge thinks that it's worth investigating then the police will do work. Still need the police report first i think.

Yes, your options for recourse do seem rather pathetic, but that appears to be the way it is. Lots of people have kicked up a big fuss about it on the papers in the past.

I have made a police report, followed up on the police medical report and have filed a complain at the subordinate court.

Right now, I will just have to wait and see if the police is going to take action. Else, i will have to engage a lawyer or prosecute him myself.

I just hope justice will be served in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I have made a police report, followed up on the police medical report and have filed a complain at the subordinate court.

Right now, I will just have to wait and see if the police is going to take action. Else, i will have to engage a lawyer or prosecute him myself.
    Please update us with the result of your case. I am interested to know the outcome, and I think it was a terrible thing to happen to anyone at all. I hope you recover soon.

Good luck bro. You have our support.

If police is not going to take action against this assault case, why do we need them for?

Tell the investigating officer that if SPF is not taking necessary action or give a good answer, tell them you will write to the ministers. These people will chicken out when their job is at risk.

Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law K SHANMUGAM
    64787090 k_shanmugam@mlaw.gov.sg
    Personal Assistant Ms Irene OW
    64787090 irene_ow@mha.gov.sg
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    If police is not going to take action against this assault case, why do we need them for?

Tell the investigating officer that if SPF is not taking necessary action or give a good answer, tell them you will write to the ministers. These people will chicken out when their job is at risk.

I don't mean if they are going to drop the case. But whether or not the attorney general decides to pursue it is another matter. Ie public prosecutor. Else I will need to engage a private lawyer and pursue with the proceedings. Which was why I was asking if I should continue if the AG decides not to go ahead.

I don't mean if they are going to drop the case. But whether or not the attorney general decides to pursue it is another matter. Ie public prosecutor. Else I will need to engage a private lawyer and pursue with the proceedings. Which was why I was asking if I should continue if the AG decides not to go ahead.
    Don't worry too much, let the preceding take shape itself. For you, what's more important is to hold onto your evidence and get legal advise from a professional. In other words, you should make your trip of a law firm for a consultation session.

In this way, you'll not only get a bigger picture, but also you'll get things right.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

We are behind you. Violent does not solve problem.

Keep us updated.

Either way, Karma wise, What goes around comes around. Justice will prevail one way or the other.
    It's your mental and physical health that's more important.
    Nikon glass, tools for the art

Dunno lei, when someone say wanna "burn" the MIW, you see the police swaming.

When a citizen gets beated up, civilian case, cannot interfere?

I dunno what the law protects these days

I guess there are many cases like this reported each day.

They will try to discourage from pursuing to reduce workload I guess? Only really punish the major ones like murder, etc.

I guess there are many cases like this reported each day.

They will try to discourage from pursuing to reduce workload I guess? Only really punish the major ones like murder, etc.
    Well.. Isn't Hurt a major offense and means jail time, or fine, or caning here in Singapore? I strongly believe it is. It's under Chapter XVI of the Singapore Penal Code. You have physical proof and witnesses to the deed. I say, be relentless and don't accept no for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Well.. Isn't Hurt a major offense and means jail time, or fine, or caning here in Singapore? I strongly believe it is. It's under Chapter XVI of the Singapore Penal Code. You have physical proof and witnesses to the deed. I say, be relentless and don't accept no for an answer.
    Not true. It'd all depend on other factors, such as type and severity of injuries, nature of dispute and many others (ask a lawyer). It doesn't means "OH MY YOU TOUCH ME! YOU HURT ME! I SUE YOU" that kind...

But for TS's case, it's quite obvious that the injury qualifies for an inquiry, worse when he got threatened. That's why many here suggest TS to raise a case, (my opinion) via a lawyer to the AGC)
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    Not true. It'd all depend on other factors, such as type and severity of injuries, nature of dispute and many others (ask a lawyer). It doesn't means "OH MY YOU TOUCH ME! YOU HURT ME! I SUE YOU" that kind...

But for TS's case, it's quite obvious that the injury qualifies for an inquiry, worse when he got threatened. That's why many here suggest TS to raise a case, (my opinion) via a lawyer to the AGC)
    Which is not true? That's actually my point as well. I just chose not to put it here because I feel it's not important. We're not talking about other people's experiences here so why bother?

Anyway, TS mentioned he's having difficulty swallowing and getting frequent dizziness, IIRC. All are physical proof that he had been assaulted. If the police shrugs him off which is what some were trying to put across, go to a hospital and get a medical report, take photos of the bruises, date them and take a trip to the liar, err... lawyer. You'll be surprised how much help and enlightenment you can get from these people.
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 8th December 2010 at 06:35 PM.

I dunno if civil action is worth the trouble (never had to do it), but I hope they go ahead with criminal proceedings against him. "Chocolate or vanilla" sounds like an disagreement between 6-yr olds!

Did this all take place at the gym? If it did, you might want to consider asking management to kick him out and ban him -- don't think you'll want to be working out anywhere ard him in future!

Blog Entries

I believe you need to obtain a magistrate's order if its classified as VCH. No need to provide big boss number to encourage people to complain against officers. I met very helpful officers, don't assume they are unwilling to help.

I'm just interested to know the gym buddy's side of the story.

Perhaps TS provoked him in a way not mentioned in TS' testimony. The cause for violence seems too fickle.
    Olympian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast