Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

Default Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

Recently I have been assaulted by a gym buddy for no good reason. He lost his mind and punched my head repeatedly before being pulled away.

All due to mix up in an online order for protein shake. I helped them to collect orders (with no income nor benefit whatsoever). He ordered Chocolate but came Vanilla, I even agreed to give him mine (Chocolate) and take the Vanilla instead. I thought he was kidding when he threatened to beat me up as the conversation took place via mobile MSN (Text).

But I was punched. I couldn't remember the few seconds after the attack. i.e. who was there to pull him away. After that, he continued shouting at me in rage, that he will chop me to death and even made gestures, (slitting the throat) while staring at me.

My jaw is swollen and hurts when I eat and drink. I can't fully open my mouth. I am also dizzy (on and off).

I have since lodge a police report and went to follow up on the police medical report.

From what I gather, he has a history of violence and can be emotionally/mentally unstable at times.

What would you do at this stage if you are in my shoes? Would you pursue the matter legally? Or let it go?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Assault and intimidation case - do i pursue or let it go?

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    Recently I have been assaulted by a gym buddy for no good reason. He lost his mind and punched my head repeatedly before being pulled away.

All due to mix up in an online order for protein shake. I helped them to collect orders (with no income nor benefit whatsoever). He ordered Chocolate but came Vanilla, I even agreed to give him mine (Chocolate) and take the Vanilla instead. I thought he was kidding when he threatened to beat me up as the conversation took place via mobile MSN (Text).

But I was punched. I couldn't remember the few seconds after the attack. i.e. who was there to pull him away. After that, he continued shouting at me in rage, that he will chop me to death and even made gestures, (slitting the throat) while staring at me.

My jaw is swollen and hurts when I eat and drink. I can't fully open my mouth. I am also dizzy (on and off).

I have since lodge a police report and went to follow up on the police medical report.

From what I gather, he has a history of violence and can be emotionally/mentally unstable at times.

What would you do at this stage if you are in my shoes? Would you pursue the matter legally? Or let it go?
    pursue it.

as u mentioned, he has a history of violence and can be emotionally unstable. i believe that leaving him out as he is, may lead to future cases of violence, each time escalating.

by sending him to serve time, he will get (hopefully) the necessary rehabilitation needed.

what? so minor yet rage till like that ? Did he eat any testatrone pills etc? U buy the shakes from online with minimum $100, right? U dont really need to share it with friend.. just buy 2 tubs for yourself, and all the fuss will be gone

Pursue it if you think that your life is at risk.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

pursue.
    there's a place for everything n every1.
    if he's mentally unstable, there's a place too for tat

very minor thing only...and the worst part is u r still at risk
    u mention gym.
    imagine u r benchin heavy weights and the nex thing u know u r KO...the weights fall on where?
    Last edited by ijnek; 7th December 2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

for the sake of your own safety, u can stop ordering for his behalf. ask him to order on his own next time. 1 time is bad enough.

pursue it!
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Roid rage! This guy's doing drugs! Report to police

Pursue.

You won't be the last victim I'm sure. Next time we know it he killed someone already over a wrong setting on the treadmill.

Sound like your gym buddy might be on STEROIDS

Scuba & Father... For Life

nope. as far as i know. he does not take steroids nor testosterone pills.

yes, i won't be helping anyone to take orders anymore. it's a lot of work and after this incident. no more.

also, it's not just one punch. it's repeated punches to the head. the swelling has caused a slight misalignment to my jaw. hopefully the swelling will go down and that misalignment is gone.
    Last edited by happyfrog; 7th December 2010 at 05:01 PM.

Actually he does take them, just that he hides it from you.

If you don't report him, he will make you eat testosterone with him, then do manly chest bumps together to show how macho he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Actually he does take them, just that he hides it from you.

If you don't report him, he will make you eat testosterone with him, then do manly chest bumps together to show how macho he is.
    LOL. just to clear up a myth... i used to take testostorone pills when working out. it doesn't make u angry like the hulk. it's just a myth.

true, you might get a little irritated, but you won't feel like wanting to bash someone's head in.

but u should report this to the police. it's not only for your benefit, but also for the sake of others.

This is more of mental la. I think he on depression mode or something that leads to this kind of rage. and Who to find excuse to release tension than the guy who mess up his orders.

Just persue. Dun give him a chance.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Of course you need to pursue it. You should have done that on the spot and called the police to arrest him there and then. He should also compensate you for all medical fees.

He assaulted and hurt you. Of course you need to pursue to not only for your sake but also for others' sake in the future.

I think he is mentally sick and needs treatment critically. Someone could be hurt very badly by him. You were lucky to have others pull him away. If not, you may be lying in a hospital bed now.

i think you should request for restraining order so that he keeps away from you..

Of course you should pursue, what if next time an old lady step on his toe, gonna beat her to death? There is something seriously wrong with him, roid rage i bet

lol, you have got to be kidding me, such a small thing and he punches you.

did he apologise at the very least?

you should highlight this to someone at the very least, he seems to have anger management issues. if things happened as you described, this will happen again, and in greater magnitude if he does not learn. the next time round it could be someone old, or someone pregnant, and whether you like it or not, you might feel guilty for not doing anything about it despite having knowledge of such behaviour.

it doesn't necessarily have to be the police, but if as you say, there is a history of violence, then maybe that is the only route left to take , since he (or the people around him) hasn't been doing anything about it.

Pls do it, you need the insurance as that might cause side effect which does not shown up now.....bashing up someone is easy....and he has to responsible for his action.....let the judge decide the outcome.....he owes you an apologize at the very minimum

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    LOL. just to clear up a myth... i used to take testostorone pills when working out. it doesn't make u angry like the hulk. it's just a myth.
    just to highlight, if you are not taking testosterone boosters (things like tribulus terrestris, for example, which are gimmicky and seldom do much for you) and are taking steroids, if i'm not wrong, they are deemed illegal in singapore.

and different people react differently. for example, some people have a bad reaction to something as simple as panadol. are you saying that the whole human's race physiology is the same?

there is no need to resort to such unorthodox means, especially if you are young and you have really, too much testosterone as it is.

working out is great, there is no need to potentially damage your body in the pursuit of temporary vanity.
    Last edited by night86mare; 7th December 2010 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast