Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubsnap in straitstimes

Default Clubsnap in straitstimes

did anyone else catch the article on page 37? didnt know that the straitstime reporters pop by here too!

Web threads
    A weekly roundup of the most interesting Web discussions by Singaporeans

Art or rubbish?

AFTER viewing New York- based photographer John Clang's works at The Esplanade recently, StreetShooter was unimpressed. He said: 'I half-suspect he's having everyone on and laughing all the way to the bank at the pretentiousness of the people who think he's artistic.'

The vote is divided: many said Clang's work was mediocre while others, like mattlock, said people have missed the artist's intention.

The debate provoked a response from a netizen claiming to be Clang himself. 'Art is not a language that we can instantly use to commu- nicate...It requires patience and willingness, and an open mind to see beyond.'

http://forums.clubsnap.org

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/tal...258534,00.html

That Streetshooter is always featured in the Straits Times.

I notice they started to quote from online forums and make stories out of it, are they lack of ideas or what?

Deregistered

They're just.. bored I guess.

I call that reporting what is being said....

It is not that they are lacking in any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by reactan
    did anyone else catch the article on page 37? didnt know that the straitstime reporters pop by here too!
    You mean some1 sitting under a tree surfing the net with his laptop could be a S.T. journalist on the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    I notice they started to quote from online forums and make stories out of it, are they lack of ideas or what?

they are good in reporting falling trees.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    You mean some1 sitting under a tree surfing the net with his laptop could be a S.T. journalist on the job?
    no, actually he could be Newton. esp if he's using a Apple powerbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    they are finding interesting stories, not too different from getting stories from other sources such as overseas news agencies. the internet is fair game.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    no, actually he could be Newton. esp if he's using a Apple powerbook.

Damn corny!!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    they are finding interesting stories, not too different from getting stories from other sources such as overseas news agencies. the internet is fair game.
    probably they realised that internet move faster than them

i remember i read about the nicoll highway incident in another forum before even TV reported it

Seems that ST Journalists are always on the prowl on online forums. Makes me wonder, WHY DON'T THEY IDENTIFY THEMSELVES?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Seems that ST Journalists are always on the prowl on online forums. Makes me wonder, WHY DON'T THEY IDENTIFY THEMSELVES?
    hahaha....aiyah.... journalists mah....of course must hide here and there mah.... skarly ppl find out then they no material for their article to use liao mah.... wahahaha....

What a job! Surf various forums and report interesting stories. They no longer go out and talk to and interview ppl anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    What a job! Surf various forums and report interesting stories. They no longer go out and talk to and interview ppl anymore?
    reporters nowadays are getting HIGHER TECH....stay at home in front of the computer then can get news already wat... wat for wanna go chiong outside?? soo hot somemore....

Can anyone guide me to his work? I would like to see it. Thanx much.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by jonlou
    reporters nowadays are getting HIGHER TECH....stay at home in front of the computer then can get news already wat... wat for wanna go chiong outside?? soo hot somemore....
    Not right leh, if *every* reporters stay at home and surf the net to get news, then who will be out there reporting news and update the net? Confused,
    Somehow, this reminds me the theory that whoever controls the net will control the news, eventually.....

Which is why we have to be responsible for everything we say/write.. For good and bad, it will live on the web for almost eternally and searchable..

There is really no more anonymous postings since all our locations can be easily found by those who know...

Wow.. This is dangerous.

Maybe I should include this in my signature. Will I be protected then?

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, especially the newspaper. In such case, you should ignore this message and kindly notify the sender by PM. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Clubsnap unless indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.

Edit: Dammn... The signature can only contains 150 character. :P
    Last edited by binbeto; 28th June 2004 at 03:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast