Thread: laptop lcd protector

Default laptop lcd protector

anyone knows where to buy laptop LCD protector (10.1" size) and how much it roughly costs? i am looking for the normal protective one, doesn't need to be anti glare, but anti glare is also ok.. i have asked quite a number of shops but they only have bigger sizes like 15" and up.. thanks a lot!
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Default Re: laptop lcd protector

There are many 10.1 screen protectors on ebay have you tried looking at those? I think it can cost anywhere from $5 to $10 as long as you're not looking for anti-scratch (most would be anti-glare but again the quality ranges). I bought a custom made version for my 11.6 tablet but it was not anti-scratch enough lol Seller refunded the money which was good :-) You should invest in a little more and get one that is matte to control the glossy reflection of your screen.

I'm paying a little more for a proper anti-glare/anti-scratch screen protector from Germany this time.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Quote Originally Posted by MRSAMO View Post
    There are many 10.1 screen protectors on ebay have you tried looking at those? I think it can cost anywhere from $5 to $10 as long as you're not looking for anti-scratch (most would be anti-glare but again the quality ranges). I bought a custom made version for my 11.6 tablet but it was not anti-scratch enough lol Seller refunded the money which was good :-) You should invest in a little more and get one that is matte to control the glossy reflection of your screen.

I'm paying a little more for a proper anti-glare/anti-scratch screen protector from Germany this time.
    Hi, thanks a lot for the input.. yup, i am looking for the anti scratch actually, but not the anti glare, cus the anti glare IMO will degrade the viewing quality.. Just a plain one that can provide basic protection will do.. thanks a lot! will look up in ebay!
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Yeah most screen protectors will have some form of anti-glare, some are still very glossy. For proper anti-scratch protectors you should be looking at ones with abrasiveness of 4H or better (less than 4 is less scratch resistant).

If you're willing to wait until I get mine I can give some feedback on how it is on my tablet. I had to get it custom made because 11.6" isn't that common. The seller usually sell 10.1" protectors.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

I got my 10.1" screen protector from Challenger Funan, its at the far end of the store. It's nearer to the computer accessories and computer bags side, not the mac accessories side. It has the anti-glare and the normal glossy type. I think it's some japanese brand kind. so far so good.
    Licence to shoot.