Thread: Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public

Default Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public

Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public

Default Re: Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public

Quote Originally Posted by wasak2000 View Post
    Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public
    I went there for a dinner function last month booked by my boss. He is a member there. The security said no public access beyond the restaurant areas. Must have a member accompany if you are going into the marina section.

Nice view with the lighthouse and boats.

You can try to sneak in. but not worth the time and effort if the guards catch and ask you to go home.

Deregistered

Default Re: Newbie wants to shoot sunset at Raffles Marina is it open to the public

No its not...

Quite the nice place.

got the above shots when shooting for a function there.
    Last edited by Reportage; 6th December 2010 at 10:33 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

I ask before, for general public, you need to pay a fee to shoot inside their premises.

alternatively, you can sign up as a club member.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

thanks guys you saved me the trip..
    D3100

wah hmmm... i think my uncle might be a member there? i know he owns a yatch...

i don't know which marina it is at. but i do know that keppel marina u can view the yatches from the bridge but not much of a view...

hmm i don't dare to ask him... if i get the chance to get on board his yatch... LOL
    Last edited by kei1309; 6th December 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Raffles Marina is a nice place to shoot sunset, it is possible if you are a member or an invited guest.

Other possible location to shoot sunset with the sailing boat is Danga Bay, J.B.

Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Was there a policy change? I was there about 2 years ago, and I could wander inside even though I'm not a member. The security guards just told me that I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the private boats, and it was ok to take pictures out towards the sea after I walked down the pier. I believe non-members could dine at the bar and restaurant there too.

My photos - see just some or all of it =)

I shot at Raffles Marina recently and I'm not a member. That's not to say everyone should just flock there now.

I think your best bet is to not shoot there unless you think it's absolutely necessary.
    Olympian