Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disscussion on Time for CD/Print (TFCD/TFP)

Default Re: Disscussion on Time for CD/Print (TFCD/TFP)

Much have been said about doing TFCD for portfolio but what is a marketable portfolio? What is the expectation from both the model and photographer? Average CS standard? Model Forum's standard or comp card from model's agency? Base on the different expectation a newbie, a freelancer or a professional may either offer TFCD or command payment. So, what standard of TFCD are we talking about?
    Last edited by yqt; 7th December 2010 at 03:39 PM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    That normal because you have worked with the model previously before and he/she is like your style despite not having done something in that area.

What I understand that but I wonder why would an experienced model do TFCD with a new non-professional photographer whose portfolio he/she may not be proud?
    you rise this issue three times, I can sense some sour grapes here.

anyway, just to let people know that I did contacted Kat for TFCD, but didn't work out.
    she didn't agree with my term, I guess, cos she didn't reply after I said signing model release is a must.

no hard feeling, strictly business.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

anyway, just to let people know that I did contacted Kat for TFCD, but didn't work out.
    she didn't agree with my term, I guess, cos she didn't reply after I said signing model release is a must.

no hard feeling, strictly business.
    not with Kat but another CS model approch me for TFCD and when I told her I expect my models to work hard for the images and to sign a release, she went MIA. She though it would be a fun thing with nice nice pictures for her to keep
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Much have been said about doing TFCD for portfolio but what is a marketable portfolio? What is the expection from both the model and photographer? Average CS standard? Model Forum's standard or comp card from model's agency? Base on the different expectation a newbie, a freelancer or a professional may either offer TFCD or command payment. So, what standard of TFCD are we talking about?
    this one i dun have an answer haha

cos i still consider myself very new and experimental. my current standard to those pros photogs here may be mediocre to but to some TFCD models (experienced or non experienced) who is willing to work with me, the shoots i done for them is acceptable enough for them to include into their portfolio or at least willing to give me some of their time to let me shoot them.

as for my own portfolio, i am pushing myself to do more TFCD shoots (and hopefully improvements in my shots after shots) and i will constantly refresh my portfolio photos once i feel that i have better photos then the past photos i took. To market myself to potential paying customers, this is at least to show them i have taken decent portrait shots although i am still looking at opportunities to really take some pre wedding jobs (be it TFCD base or paid in the form of a token of gesture angbao). I have also done 2nd photographer for one indian wedding (real eye opener to such weddings) but i think the shots not good enough to include on my portfolio yet.
    Last edited by sinned79; 7th December 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Nah... not sour grapes. Just curious with this a statement in -> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=37

When the TS of the thread mention: so far none of my TFCD shots cannot be seen which i am proud of.

Was really wondering what does the he means? He is not proud of non of his TFCD shots? If so why does the photographer post in CS and announce to the world that it's a TFCD shoot?

That got me really puzzled.

Nah... not sour grapes. Just curious with this a statement in -> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=37

When the TS of the thread mention: so far none of my TFCD shots cannot be seen which i am proud of.

Was really wondering what does the he means? He is not proud of non of his TFCD shots? If so why does the photographer post in CS and announce to the world that it's a TFCD shoot?

That got me really puzzled.
    sorry if i typed in a haste and got you confused.

what i meant was, what i shot so far i am proud of it and have shown to the public thus. And none of these shots i done, i will actually hide it and not shown to the public cos too ugly to be seen.

i got this bad habit of typing and summarizing my sentences to 1 or 2 liners which easily got ppl confused and mistaken lol

Hope this is clearer to you now.
    Last edited by sinned79; 7th December 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    as for cosplay, i have attended one event, never went back again. was extremely disgusted when my friend asked someone she knew to the side to pose against a cleaner background, then whole load of guys (probably from one of those mass groups here) just rushed over and stepped on my feet, pushed my friend (female) aside, and started snapping away.
    and i second this. mine was my dslr kenna knock

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    sorry if i typed in a haste and got you confused.

what i meant was, what i shot so far i am proud of it and have shown to the public thus. And none of these shots i done, i will actually hide it and not shown to the public cos too ugly to be seen.

i got this bad habit of typing and summarizing my sentences to 1 or 2 liners which easily got ppl confused and mistaken lol

Hope this is clearer to you now.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I said signing model release is a must.
    I expect my models to work hard for the images and to sign a release

With reference to what Benjamin had posted in http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=25

You need a model release mainly for commercial usage (such as stock photography) from a TFCD shoot.

Blog Entries

With reference to what Benjamin had posted in http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=25

You need a model release mainly for commercial usage (such as stock photography) from a TFCD shoot.
    i thought only applies overseas and not in sg? as in, unless ur intending to get images used overseas, in sg itself, model release is not needed

correct me if im mistaken:x

do u consider photog's personal portfolio (although it is meant to show to potential paying customers the works he done so far) to be commercial in this case? is the model release form still required? ok i be honest, so far i never request those TFCD models to sign for me

nope, but i've heard of people staring at model for very long after saying treat them to lunch. whole lunch just keep quiet and stare at model.. must be new age way to catch girl's attention.
    failed!

also got those that keep buying gifts for model. best is when the model make use of them, make them buy loads of expensive gifts then laugh the way into the sunset with the boyfriend, who's happy also, cos got dodo want to spend money that might have been his without them around.
    failed

as for cosplay, i have attended one event, never went back again. was extremely disgusted when my friend asked someone she knew to the side to pose against a cleaner background, then whole load of guys (probably from one of those mass groups here) just rushed over and stepped on my feet, pushed my friend (female) aside, and started snapping away.
    wah!! sound like Hyena, African wild dog, jackal and hellhound on the lose.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i thought only applies overseas and not in sg? as in, unless ur intending to get images used overseas, in sg itself, model release is not needed

Yes, I shoot stock images, so for people shots, model release is a must. all stock image agencies state it clearly, and these photos are selling internationally.
    so if no model release, the photos will be useless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post

do u consider photog's personal portfolio (although it is meant to show to potential paying customers the works he done so far) to be commercial in this case? is the model release form still required? ok i be honest, so far i never request those TFCD models to sign for me
    Personally for me as I don't have the practice (as of this writing) to use TFCD shots to sell as stock photos hence I seldom have the practice of asking model who approach me to sign model release form. Because I don't earn monetarily from my TFCD shoot.

Currently I would ask model (paid) to sign it for my commercial and product shoots for my clients. As I feel it's abit unfair for TFCD model to do the same thing.
    Last edited by Anson; 7th December 2010 at 04:12 PM.

Personally for me as I don't have the practice (as of this writing) to use TFCD shots to sell as stock photos hence I seldom have the practice of asking model who approach me to sign model release form. Because I don't earn monetarily from my TFCD shoot.

Currently I would ask model (paid) to sign it for my commercial and product shoots for my clients. As I feel it's abit unfair for TFCD model to do the same thing.
    ok, i also feel unfair or a bit extra to ask TFCD models to sign this model release since its only meant for my own portfolio and their own portfolio.

my photos i dun think good enough to sell yet (can see only), so i shall kiv this part for the time being.

Model release differs according to the needs of the shoot. For my TFCD shoots, it is only for the model and my personal promotion, ie portfolio. It is meant to protect each other so that should the image be used for any other purpose, $ can be nego.

ok, i also feel unfair or a bit extra to ask TFCD models to sign this model release since its only meant for my own portfolio and their own portfolio.

my photos i dun think good enough to sell yet (can see only), so i shall kiv this part for the time being.
    While you may feel that it is unfair, without a release, what is there to stop the model or you from using it beyond portfolio purpose?

While you may feel that it is unfair, without a release, what is there to stop the model or you from using it beyond portfolio purpose?
    quite true...

Currently in my TFCD's term & conditions it include specify that photos should not be use/sold for monetary gains such as stock photography & advertising without the approval of the photographer.

Currently in my TFCD's term & conditions it include specify that photos should not be use/sold for monetary gains such as stock photography & advertising without the approval of the photographer.
    thanks for info.

so either you state clearly in your terms and condition or you request the model to sign a model release form. so either way it is still better to let the TFCD model know it is solely for their own portfolio purpose only right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast