Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disscussion on Time for CD/Print (TFCD/TFP)

Default Re: Disscussion on Time for CD/Print (TFCD/TFP)

would anyone be kind enough to share a sample template for TFCD model release form? I have seen many templates all over internet with different variation... so pretty confused which one is more applicable to Singapore laws.
    Last edited by sinned79; 7th December 2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    very unlikely...

there are far too many GWC willing to offer green tea, sponsor MUA, wardrobe, be chauffeur, carry fan, carry chairs, bring lighting, bring reflector, free session, free touch up, free poster print, free DVD ROM..
    treating the ah huay ah lian XMM models feel like princess, why would they want to pay you to shoot them?

Haha... if they don't like the works then it's not the target audiences that I am looking for...

There is a reason why professional models do TFCD with photographers despite having to wait in queue.

very unlikely...

there are far too many GWC willing to offer green tea, sponsor MUA, wardrobe, be chauffeur, carry fan, carry chairs, bring lighting, bring reflector, free session, free touch up, free poster print, free DVD ROM..
    treating the ah huay ah lian XMM models feel like princess, why would they want to pay you to shoot them?
    you forgot to add that these XMM got paid as well
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by blaz7 View Post
    In 1 to 1 shoots, indeed you have more time to do the poses and themes you want, that is provided you have already done your homework and have a plan to carry out. It will be a waste of time otherwise to just stare blanking at each other unless all you want is a date with the model.
    sad fact is, a lot of the people who ask for tfcd want exactly that. photography comes second.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    would anyone be kind enough to share a sample template for TFCD model release form? I have seen many templates all over internet with different variation... so pretty confused which one is more applicable to Singapore laws.
    to my understanding.

#1, model release is to let model waive off the photographer and his agent's liability of using their images in any forms.

#2, you need to compensate the model accordingly to ask them sign the model release.

#3, you only need the model to sign the model release for commercial works.

#4, local don't practice using model release. (according to our ex in house lawyer.)

#5, you post photos of models in your portfolio don't need model release, but a consent from them is good enough. (again, according to our ex in house lawyer.)

#6, most "models" don't know what the hell is model release is, and what it is for? so you will have hard time to ask them sign a release.

#7, professional models will sign model release, just like signing a payment voucher.

#8, so technically, you get a TFCD agreement to spell out everything is good enough.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

to my understanding.

#1, model release is to let model waive off the photographer and his agent's liability of using their images in any forms.

#2, you need to compensate the model accordingly to ask them sign the model release.

#3, you only need the model to sign the model release for commercial works.

#4, local don't practice using model release. (according to our ex in house lawyer.)

#5, you post photos of models in your portfolio don't need model release, but a consent from them is good enough. (again, according to our ex in house lawyer.)

#6, most "models" don't know what the hell is model release is, and what it is for? so you will have hard time to ask them sign a release.

#7, professional models will sign model release, just like signing a payment voucher.

#8, so technically, you get a TFCD agreement to spell out everything is good enough.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    sad fact is, a lot of the people who ask for tfcd want exactly that. photography comes second.
    Personally I don't see the point of doing so....

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    well, if you know about some of the behaviour of such in real life, outside of photography, you'd understand why they have to resort to such means.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    well, if you know about some of the behaviour of such in real life, outside of photography, you'd understand why they have to resort to such means.
    coughs cough cough... naimeh, u seen those stalking cosplayers one before? i'm always amused

to you it may seems no point.

but wait till you see the facebook of these photogs, full of these models from these organised shoots.

my relationship is always clear to these TFCD models, after i done the shoot for them, i will not contact them anymore.
    Last edited by sinned79; 7th December 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Blog Entries

as for me

i believe tfcd is quite a good opportunity for both parties. as mentioned, it would help both parties to brush up skills, update portfolios. so far i have only been to 1 tfcd, while the rest is sch based shooting. i'll say having the practice is useful as i can experiment with things i've never tried before.

then again, i have seen enough seh peh pehs while covering cosplay shoots for my classmates. their quality of photos are medicore, all from weird angles, which i have warned my friends abt.

i guess its really up to the photographer and models to negotiate between themselves.

but wait till you see the facebook of these photogs, full of these models from these organised shoots.
    If both the paying photographers and models (who got paid) why not?

What puzzled me is why would an experienced model work with a new photographer who may not be even proud of his/her work?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    coughs cough cough... naimeh, u seen those stalking cosplayers one before? i'm always amused
    nope, but i've heard of people staring at model for very long after saying treat them to lunch. whole lunch just keep quiet and stare at model.. must be new age way to catch girl's attention.

also got those that keep buying gifts for model. best is when the model make use of them, make them buy loads of expensive gifts then laugh the way into the sunset with the boyfriend, who's happy also, cos got dodo want to spend money that might have been his without them around.

as for cosplay, i have attended one event, never went back again. was extremely disgusted when my friend asked someone she knew to the side to pose against a cleaner background, then whole load of guys (probably from one of those mass groups here) just rushed over and stepped on my feet, pushed my friend (female) aside, and started snapping away.

What puzzled me is why would an experienced model work with a new photographer who may not be even proud of his/her work?
    then you don't see the point night86mare and blaz7 (those words he mentioned in red) made.

the shoot had gone beyond just shooting business.

its like the photog now is asking the model out for a date for example.

to put it even more blunt, taking photo is just an excuse to ask for the model's contact to date her out.
    Last edited by sinned79; 7th December 2010 at 02:18 PM.

to put it even more blunt, taking photo is just an excuse to ask for the model's contact to date her out.
    I still don't understand why would an experienced model work (TFCD) with a new photographer who may not be even proud of his/her work?

Can anyone enlighten me on it?

I still don't understand why would an experienced model work (TFCD) with a new photographer who may not be even proud of his/her work?

This is the topic -> http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=24

you are talking about two different things now.
    Last edited by sinned79; 7th December 2010 at 02:56 PM.

because the professional photographers are more demanding, and the term are not as attractive as what others are offering.

just simple as that.

in fact, I would rather pay the models instead of offering TFCD, and I don't have to give them any photos, since so many "photographers" willing to give tons of photos to let "models post hundreds of hundreds into their facebooks.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

because the professional photographers are more demanding, and the term are not as attractive as what others are offering.

just simple as that.
    i concur. that's the advantage of non professional photographers, they are less demanding.

in fact, I would rather pay the models instead of offering TFCD, and I don't have to give them any photos, since so many "photographers" willing to give tons of photos to let "models post hundreds of hundreds into their facebooks.
    yeah, if it a truly professional model, i will rather pay then do TFCD. so like you say, I do not have to give them my photos (even though it may be mediocre to them).

An experience model may work on a TFCD basis with a new photographer provided it is worth her time invested.

I've work with experienced model when I was still a new photographer with zero fashion portfolio. I got to know the model when I shot her for a product shoot. Having work with me on a shoot before, I guess she knows that I'm a professional photographer but did not have the opportunity to do fashion shoot and seeing that my other portfolio are professional enough, decided that it is worth her time
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    An experience model may work on a TFCD basis with a new photographer provided it is worth her time invested.

I've work with experienced model when I was still a new photographer with zero fashion portfolio. I got to know the model when I shot her for a product shoot. Having work with me on a shoot before, I guess she knows that I'm a professional photographer but did not have the opportunity to do fashion shoot and seeing that my other portfolio are professional enough, decided that it is worth her time
    That normal because you have worked with the model previously before and he/she is like your style despite not having done something in that area.

What I don't understand is why would an experienced model do TFCD with a new non-professional photographer whose portfolio he/she may not be proud?
    Last edited by Anson; 7th December 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast