Thread: Any harm in leaving camera in standby mode?

Default Any harm in leaving camera in standby mode?

During shoots, there might be periods of time when you are not shooting, ie. waiting for the next good shot... (up to maybe 10-15mins), is it ok to leave the camera in standby mode? (for quick startup for next shot)... any long term effects on the d.camera?

Are you referring to a point and shoot (compact) camera or an SLR? If the former, then the only problem you'd encounter is your batteries going flat faster For SLR and DSLRs, there's no problem at all. Have left my D70 on by mistake and put in my bag only to discover later (about 6-7 hours later), but the batteries were still good for 400-500 shots

no problem at all

Not sure about the rest but on a D70 I thought that should be the way.
    I have on many occasion leave it on for a few days only to discover that the battery is still good as new. So leaving it on for a days shoot should not be a problem.

Deregistered

Not an issue at all.

Have left mine S2 on standby for 2-3 days. The drain on battery is almost negligible.

mine gets a little warm. especially when i shuff it back into by bag without remembering to switch it off.
    comes in especially useful for transitions between a really cold place to a hot and humid place

Don't compare D70 with the rest of the cameras, D70 can easily go up to 2000 over shots with 1 full-charged batt. now that's scary.

hmm, mine's just a 'lowly' C750... batt life is ok lah, got spares as long as it doesn't spoil the internals of the camera, then will leave it on standby on shoots... faster reaction time