Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macro lens to shoot Portraits

Default Re: Macro lens to shoot Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by bruggink View Post
    Cool.. what's the phone in her hand? So good... It's water-proof and it's definitely not iphone
    looks like nokia

Maybe its better to be, if have budget, get 100mm f/2.8 Macro IS, then if low budget, 85mm will do. With 100mm, for small room photography the size of 6m x 4m, how far roughly we will be standing to get a half body shot of baby? Or perhaps full body. Btw, I'm using 50D.
    Last edited by surfnux; 7th December 2010 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfnux View Post
    Maybe its better to be, if have budget, get 100mm f/2.8 Macro IS, then if low budget, 85mm will do. With 100mm, for small room photography the size of 6m x 4m, how far roughly we will be standing to get a half body shot of baby? Or perhaps full body. Btw, I'm using 50D.
    Depends on d situation actually, like u mentioned, a small room, 1.6 crop sensor, definitely a shorter focal length will do haha I have a 50D too in my arsenal and the 50mm works at the same focal length of the 85mm on a full frame body

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfish View Post
    i am using 100L 2.8 to do both macro and portraits.
    very good in both genres. superb lens.

my samples as below:

Macro: sharp and fast.

Portrait: nice bokeh and colours.

Hope you like them.
    I am using EF 50F1.8II... can I do the same quality shots? I am new to photography... pls dun flame me...
    Canon EOS 60D | EFS 15-85 IS USM | EFS 18-55 IS | EFS 55-250 IS | EF 50F1.8II | Nissin Di622 Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by ant0800 View Post
    I am using EF 50F1.8II... can I do the same quality shots? I am new to photography... pls dun flame me...
    for the portraits, you can achieve such shots too through practise.

however, for macro, you will have a problem getting such up close shots. you will need a raynox filter, closeup filter or extension tube (50mm)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateking123 View Post
    Depends on d situation actually, like u mentioned, a small room, 1.6 crop sensor, definitely a shorter focal length will do haha I have a 50D too in my arsenal and the 50mm works at the same focal length of the 85mm on a full frame body
    Hmm true also. Unless using a full frame, then 85mm / 100mm still fine for small room. Perhaps the ideal distance is around 4-5 meters or more for half body portrait, with 1.6x crop factor on 100mm lens?

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    for the portraits, you can achieve such shots too through practise.

however, for macro, you will have a problem getting such up close shots. you will need a raynox filter, closeup filter or extension tube (50mm)
    great... let me practice more for portrait shots...
    Canon EOS 60D | EFS 15-85 IS USM | EFS 18-55 IS | EFS 55-250 IS | EF 50F1.8II | Nissin Di622 Mark II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12